PROLOGUE

NOVEMBER 6TH, 1918

NOVEMBER 6TH, 1918

HAWKINS, INDIANA

"Somethings coming...Something hungry for blood..."

"A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness..."

"IT... Is almost here..."

All of the members of the party started to mumble as Mike slightly grinned at their confusion.

 "What is it?" Gabe asked, as the suspense had him on the edge of his chair.

 "What if it's the Demogorgon?" Lucas rolled his eyes at Dustin's remark, 

"It's not the Demogorgon-"

 "An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" Mike said, quick to fool all five boys.

Lucas looked over to his friends and started to brag, but Mike's grin grew wider... 

"Wait a minute... Do you hear that...?" The party began to look up at Mike in fear as he began to reach under the table.

"Boom... Boom... BOOM!"

 The party scooched up on their seats, ready to face whatever Mike threw at them.

 "That didn't come from the troglodytes... No, that, that came from something else. . ." 

"The Demogorgon!!" Mike let out a fake cackle as the whole party let out a long groan.

"We're in for it this time." Dustin spoke to Gabe, who was on his left. 

"Will, your action!", Will had no time to speak and began to stutter as Lucas and Dustin began shouting. 

The yelling quickly began to escalate, and Gabriel joined in the yelling, taking Dustin's side, causing Mike to grin widely at all five boys.

"Fireball!" Will shouted, but sadly the dice rolled off the table. As the six boys began too hurriedly scrounge the room searching for the dice, there was a loud bang, which signaled that the basement door had been slammed open. 

"What the heck are you guys doing?" Bee asked during the chaos, taking a bite out of a cinnamon roll. 

"Searching for the dice since you left and stupido had to roll!" Lucas yelled, clearly annoyed they were wasting perfect game time.

Just as Bee was about to go off on Lucas, someone slightly moved her over. 

"Mike!" Karen shouted from beside Lily, at the top of the staircase. 

"Mom, we are in the middle of a campaign!" Mike yelled up at his mother. 

"You mean the end? It's fifteen after." Karen said, slowly walking away as Mike and Lily trailed after her.