Chapter 25

October 2017

Spencer had been so nervous about getting her money from her mother, that she worried herself into getting sick. Everything was fine for three weeks, Ashton and Luke both visiting her often to make sure she was doing okay, and seeing if they could do anything to help with the process. Quinn was keeping Ashton updated with every step like he had asked her to, with Spencer's permission of course, and always knew when the girl might need a little extra support.

Halfway through that third week, Spencer woke up feeling like shit. She couldn't breathe and she didn't want to move from her place in bed because her body ached so much. Ashton woke up that same morning with a text from Quinn.

Quinn
Just a heads up... I have some news for her today that she may not take well

Within fifteen minutes the honey haired boy on his way to the girls apartment, calling Natalia on his way there. He was surprised she had answered, seeing as it was eleven in the morning and she mentioned wanting to stay in bed all day that day. "Hey Ash, I was actually just about to call you."

"Oh yeah?" He chuckled, turning down a side road. "What's up?"

"Spence told me you guys had plans later today and she asked me to cancel for her. She woke up super sick and she just doesn't want to give anyone else whatever it is." The girl's best friend explained. "She feels terrible canceling at the last minute."

"Well, I'm not really worried. If I get sick then I get sick." He sighed quietly. "Quinn said she had some news for her today so I want to be there for her. I'm not sure if it's good or bad news yet."

"She's like- really sick Ashton." Natalia laughed. "It's not pretty at all."

"I'm sure she looks beautiful." He smiled just thinking about the blonde laying in bed, a red nose, rosy cheeks, and wrapped in blankets. "I'll be there in about ten minutes, just don't tell her I'm coming because she'll argue and she needs to save her energy."

"Hey– if I don't have to take care of her grossness I'm not going to complain." The brunette continued to laugh. "But she better get better before her birthday."

"I'll make sure of it, Nat. Why don't you see if you can stay with Calum for a few days while I play doctor and get her back on her feet?"

"I don't need any more convincing than that. I'll see you soon." The girl said in a sing-song way before hanging up.

Spencer had woken up and fallen asleep multiple times since eight in the morning, and didn't even notice when Natalia put some water and medicine on her bedside table before leaving the apartment with a bag packed for a few days.

It wasn't until she felt a body in bed next to her, their heat causing her to gravitate towards them, before she woke up once again.

"Ash? You're not supposed to be here." she whispered, half asleep still and moving her head to lay in his chest. "I don't want to get you sick."

He chuckled lightly, pulling the blankets to cover the both of them before playing with her hair. "Fuck that, I'm here to take care of you. I don't care if I get sick."

"I care." Spencer groaned quietly, but made no effort to move off the boy, letting him wrap his arms around her protectively. "You're so annoying sometimes."

"I'm okay with that." He whispered, watching her eyes flutter shut again. "Have you eaten anything today?"

"The idea of eating makes me want to throw up." She mumbled into his chest, shaking her head the slightest bit. "I can't–"