Chapter 8: Old 'Friend'

Y/n' POV

After five minutes I get impatient and head inside. "That's him! That the guy." Leo says pointing to none other then agent Simmons. "Oh you gotta be kidding me." I exclaim, taking my glasses off. "Aright, meat stores closed! Everybody out!" Simmons says ringing a bell and motioning for everyone to get out. "Wait, you know this guy?" Leo asks me as Simmons walks past. "We're old friends." Sam states. "No we're not!" I say turning to Sam. "Old friends? You and your weird little friend here are the one's that shut down sector seven. Got the kibosh disbanded. No more security clearance, no retirement no nothing." He says. "Oh waa, waa, waa." I mock. He glares at me and starts to say something but his mother interrupts . "Moron! Where's the white fish?" She yells. "Hey! Don't touch me with the pig!" One of his employee yell at another. I roll my eyes as Simmons gets side tracked. "You live with your mama?" Mikaela asks. "No my mama lives with me, there's a big differences. They have your face all over the news, hybrid." He says pointing at the TV. "Yes I'm well aware." I reply. "And NBE one still kickin' huh? How did that happen?" He asks and I begin to answer. "Don't answer that. I don't know what you're hiding but i don't want any part of it, so goodbye you never saw me I never saw you goodbye, I got bagels to smear" He says and tries to walk away. 

"Hey, don't even try to avoid me Simmons-" I try to say. "I'm not avoiding you, I'm closing shop." He cuts me off. "No that's exactly what your doing." I say, getting slightly pissed off. "Look can you just give me a few minuets? I really need your help." I ask. "Really? You need my help?" He angrily questions. "Okay, I'm slowly losing it, alright? I had a fugly little crab-bot plug into my brain system and project images of cybertonian symbols like a fucking movie, I lost Optimus, and on top of that I'm being hunted by decepticons AND humans!" I yell upset and start to breath heavily. "...You said they projected images off your brain?" He asks. "Yes." I nod. "Meatlocker now!" He orders, turning around and heading into the back room with a bunch of hanging pigs.

He kneels down next to a door in the floor then looks at us. "What you're about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother." He says before opening it. We go down the ladder into some sort of file room. "Okay, files, files, we're still talking about symbols." He mumbles going over to a filing cabinet. "Hey don't touch. It's still radio active." He says to Leo slapping his hand away from the head of Barricade's former little friend. "Okay Weird girl, are these the symbols you saw?" He ask flipping open a folder with the same exact symbols. "Yes. And can you stop with stupid names asshole." I glare. "Where did you get these?" Sam asks. "Before I got fired I approached S-7's crown jewels. Over 75 years of alien research, which points to one inescapable fact: the transformers have been here a long, long time." Simmons says climbing up an unstable stack of files. "How do I know? Archaeologists found these unexplained markings in ancient ruins all over the world." He adds, tossing a box to Leo then getting down. "China, Egypt, Greece," He puts in a roll of film into a projector and it starts to play a site somewhere in Egypt. "Shot in 1932, these are symbols you've seen in your head?" He asks looking back a me and I nod. "Same ones over here right?" I nod again. "So tell me how did they all end up drawing the same thing, huh? Aliens, and I think some of them stayed." He says smiling. "Check this out. Project black knife, robots in disguise hiding here all along. We detected radioactive signatures all across the country. I pleaded on my knees with S-7 to investigate it but they said the reading were infinitesimal, that I was obsessed. Me? can you imagine that?" I chuckle. "Yes." I think for a second, then what Megatron said hits me. "What Megatron said that there was another energon source here." I say. "Here? On earth, another source?" He asks. "Yeah." I reply "And that these symbols are a map that can lead to the energon source." I add. "And did you talk to your Autobot friends about this?" He questions. "No, this whole thing was before them. Whatever the energon source is it predates them." I state. "So it's before the whole war thing?" He asks making sure he's getting all this right. "Correct." I confirm. "Well then we're porked, unless we can talk to a Decepticon. I mean I'm not on speaking terms with them." He says with a laugh. "Actually I am." Mikaela speaks up. "What?" I ask making sure I heard her correctly. "Hold on." She says. Sam and her climb the ladder disappearing from site. "She's in contact with them?" He asks. "News to me.." I reply.

A few minutes later they come back with a metal tool box. Banging and yelling comes from the box as she sets it down. "This is going to be a little bit sad." She says. "Just open the box." I say. She does so and and a tiny Decepticon jumps out, Leo and Sam scream. "Behave." She tells him pointing a blowtorch at him. "Is that a Decepticon?" Sam asks. "Yeah." She nods. "And you're training him?" He questions. "Trying to." She shrugs. "I spent my whole adult life combing the planet for aliens, and you're keeping one in your purse like a little chihuahua." Simmons says amazed. The little con turns to look at him. "You wanna throw down you pubic frow head?"

After a bit we got him to calm down. "I'm really sorry about your eye, but if you be good I'll fix it and I won't let Mikaela torch the other one, okay? Just tell me what these symbols are, please." I ask gently. He nods and looks down at the images on the table. "Oh I know that, that's the language of the primes. I don't read it, but theses guy's... where the heck did you find photos of these guy's?" He asks pointing the the photos of old vehicles and aircrafts. "These?" I ask piking them up. "Yeah, Seekers, oldest of the old. Oh they've been here for thousands of years looking for something. I don't what nobody tells me nothing." He says with a shrug. "But they'll translate those symbols for ya, and I know where to find them." He adds. "Do you mind showing me?" I ask. He smile and cracks his digits before turning to a map and shows where they are with green laser. "The closest one's in Washington." Simmons says. "Well let's go." I turn and pick the little con up and and put him back in the box then head up the ladder and out of the deli.

I put the con in that back seat and then hop in the drivers seat. "Bee we're heading to Washington." I say putting my seatbelt on. He fires up his engine and when the others get in then we head out. "He's my car you know?" Sam says to me. I look over at him and smile, "So?" Sam just sighs a rolls his eyes.