Side Story - Strangers at Best - Part_2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, Hello, Hello 👋

Beautiful People.

Dated: January 2nd, 2023

Last part was about Suhas just being home alone and a bit of his life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suhas woke up with the sound of his phone ringing. It was 6 PM and his father was calling. Suhas picked up the call after orienting himself to reality. When you wake up in the afternoon sometimes it gets hard for a moment to make out whether it's dawn or dusk.

"Did you pass?" His father asks. That one question seemed to do a way better job at dragging Suhas to reality.

"Did you think I would fail? Sorry to disappoint you." Suhas sounded very angry.

"No. But someone who never managed to get 70% in secondary education isn't exactly high on a list of passed students in higher secondary education."

"You would know if you came home. Do you even remember the address ? Do I need to send it to you? Or have you made the place where you spent 14 hours a day your home?"

Suhas sounded angry. He was throwing punches left and right. And his father was quick to notice that.

"It was an emergency meeting. We're on our way home."

"Well. Thank God. At Least you remember there's a place called home."

Since he already knew that they were coming back home he didn't wanna talk on the phone for long. He wanted to calm down a little and the conversation with his father wasn't helping at all. So without further ado he hung up the call.

Left with nothing much to do, Suhas drifted to WhatsApp and started a conversation with Pritha. Luckily for him she was online. Suhas and Pritha were very close friends. Whether they were just friends or something more than that seemed to be of no one's interest. In their school nobody really cared about the relationship between two mediocre students. There was nothing special about Suhas. And although Pritha had a reputation of being very supportive there wasn't anything more to it. So their personal relationship seemed very boring to the entire class. That's probably one of the reasons they managed to stay such good friends for such a long time. There was neither any progress nor any deterioration in their relationship.

Their conversation went on for more than an hour. Talking to Pritha always managed to calm him down and this time it wasn't any different. After an hour long conversation he calmed down a lot. Then the calling bell rang. Suhas heard someone opening the door. Suhas, his father and his mother all had the keys to their house. Hearing the door open he knew his parents were back. Now, if they saw their son playing with mobile instead of studying at that hour, that would start another war. So Suhas quickly locked his phone and walked into the washroom to freshen up a bit. After waking up an hour or so ago he didn't actually go to the washroom so far.

When he walked out of the washroom was surprised to say the least. 'Who's this! I have never seen this kid before!' Quickly he answered his own question as one of the first explanations that popped into his brain was 'thief'.

The little kid standing in their dining room also looked surprised and scared. Suhas was about to pick up the flower vase right beside him to throw across the room. He cared very little whether the thief was a kid or not. Was the kid a thief or not was a whole different question that didn't seem to cross his mind. But he somehow stopped right before he was about to pick up the vase as he saw his mother coming out of her room.