4

tw: drunk sherlock and slight cursing

written in enolas pov.

"be away with you, boy!"a man yells from in front of me.

"all right," says a man whos trying to get up in a funny way and picks his cane up.

that was when i knew who it was.

sherlock?

"sherlock?"

"enola." my brother replies once he realizes that its me.

"what are you doing here? its not safe," he continues, "there are scary people about."

i give him a look, "yes, let me know when you meet one."

"brother, are you quite yourself?" i ask after i take a look at his horrible looking state.

he must be drunk.

"im fine," he replies, "it was just a disagreement over a glass of wine...and whose wine it was," he points at the bar as i walk to stand next to him.

"and uh..." he continues, "i find after wine, its very difficult to make your arms and legs move."

no shit sherlock.

shortly after his statement, he falls. but fortunately, i was there to stop him from making contact with the ground.

"lets get you home."

"i don't usually imbibe, but I'm on a case, you see. it's proven rather tricky," he drunkenly says.

"cab!" i call.

"hello."

"hello."

"where are we going?" the man asks.

"221 baker street," i say.

"we need to- to talk about something...no, someone..." sherlock mumbles.

i give him a confused look, "and who might that be?"

"y/n."

y/n? but why?

"y/n yellowfield?"

"mhm," he hums.

"what about her?" i ask, eager to know.

"i saw her today. at the bar," he responds, his words slurring after one another.

"at the- at the bar?!" i whisper yell, trying not to get the man in front to look back at us, "why didnt you tell me while we were still there? i couldve checked it myself!"

he shakes his head, "no, no. she said that she isnt y/n..."

what.

"then what did she say?"

"she said that her names polly, polly zendrough."

"polly? that sounds familiar."

"enola, dont drag anyone into this," sherlock sternly tells me. but i shake my head.

"i wont."

he sighs, "youre my sister, i know what youre thinking about."

"no you dont."

"i know youre thinking of asking the potter boy for help."

how did he know?

and its as if he could read minds, he spoke again.

"i am aware that we both know that the two siblings love astrology. the boy said so in his speech. along with the lines of-"

"we even gave each other nicknames. i was harold and she was pollux-"

"pollux, the brightest star in the constellation of gemini," i cut him off.

my brother nods, "exactly. polly seems close to pollux. its hard to find someone who looks exactly like a deceased person and has a name close to a nickname. and you know what else?"

i shake my head.

"zendrough. thats the street name of their childhood home. 114 zendrough street.

"guess she thought no one would know."

"it was quite smart, actually," he begins, "as 114 zendrough street is gone. many people have forgotten about it."

i nod, "so what youre saying is, y/n is still alive?"

he nods once again, "yes. that she is alive and in hiding."

"do you know where?"

"do you see the state im in? i can handle so much."

 i hum at his response.

and as if on cue, we arrived at 221 baker street.

what if she actually is alive?

what would tewkesbury think?

i snap out of my thoughts and help my drunk brother into his home.

did you run away? did you run away? i don't need to know.

if you ran away, if you ran away, come back home.

just come home.