11

tw: another small fight

the next day, y/n wakes to the smell of breakfast.

she groggily gets up and washes her face before changing into more formal clothing.

she leaves the room and sees tom eating breakfast, reading the newspaper, and a plate for her on her side of the table.

"morning," tom greets her, "morning," she greets back as she sits down, "smells and looks delicious."

he puts his newspaper down and smiles, "really? thank you, i hope they reach your stomach's expectations," they laugh.

"mh," y/n smiles as she takes a bite out of her food, "this tastes amazing!" tom smiles back, "i'm glad," he grabs her hand and kisses the back of it.

last night's memories came back to them.

tom clears his throat, "look-"

"-i'm sorry," both say at the same time before sharing another laugh.

"no but i really am. i overreacted a little," tom scratches the back of his neck. y/n shakes her head, "no, i am too. i was pretty inconsiderate. i'm sorry."

tom gets up and goes behind her and kisses her head, his arms wrapping around her as he does so, "i love you," he kisses her cheek.

she chuckles, "i love you too."

the couple stays like that for a few minutes until y/n spots a note on the table.

"miles knows?" she reads it, breaking tom from his lovey trance.

"oh, yeah...william and sarah were here last night and william handed me the note. they said i have to protect you or bring you some place else in order to keep you safe," he speaks as he goes in front of her and holds her hands.

"wait wait wait, what does miles know?"

"he knows that you're not polly, but y/n. i was also told that enola was arrested at your father's house when she, tewkesbury, and your brother were talking about you."

"oh no."

"oh no indeed, my dear. that's why i was reading the papers earlier, looking for any place i can bring you to," he hugs her, but she breaks the hug.

"but what if i don't want to hide? what if i want to help?" she questions, "i don't want to hide somewhere and wait for you, i want to be with you and help," now it was her turn to hold his hands.

tom sighs, "darling-"

"-tom," she sternly says, "please."

he sighs once again, "i'll think about it."

"don't. just say yes or no. i won't stop until you give me a solid answer."

"fine. but if you ever get hurt, don't blame me," y/n smiles in victory, "i'm willing to help, i'll be fine," her thumbs caress the back of his hands, "promise?" he whispers.

you and me always forever

"promise."

we could stay alone together

they both share a smile. tom leans in and leaves a small kiss on her cheek and then on her lips.

if you saw anything earlier, no you didn't.