10

tw: arguments/fighting

this is just a short chapter, almost like a tiny filler. i'll be publishing this only for now bec i'm gonna try to enjoy the rest of my summer, i hope you understand!

tom drags y/n back to their little home, slamming the door after both enter.

"what is wrong with you?" y/n asks him.

he scoffs, "what's wrong with me? what's wrong with you! he was flirting with you!" 

"flirting with me? he was being a gentleman!" 

"no, it was obvious that he was hitting on you! him kissing your hand should've given it away!"

"oh please, you do that all the time. and not just towards me, but towards other women too! you do that to look all nice and polite to them, so it doesn't really matter with miles because he's doing the same!"

"no, he wasn't. you don't know the ways of men like i do."

"says you," she walks out of the room, "i can't do this tonight, tom. we just had a fight days ago, i don't want another one, alright? let's just- drop this."

he sighs, "fine. night," he replies and goes to the kitchen.

later, he heard a few knocks on the door.

he gets up and opens it.

"william-"

"-no time to talk, tom. this is urgent," sarah cuts him off as tom gives them weird looks, "urgent?" the couple nods and tom lets them in, "but you must be quiet. y/n's home and she's probably asleep, i don't want to disturb her."

"it'll be quick, we just have to tell you something," william says, "and it's about y/n and enola."

tom felt his throat get stuck in his throat, "what?" he nervously chuckles, "what about her?"

"well, enola was arrested and they're onto the fact that y/n is still alive," his eyes widen, "but- how?"

"enola was arrested in the potter's home, where they caught tewkesbury, harry, and the girl herself discussing y/n's fake death. you have to protect her, hide her, or bring her to a different state for all we can think of," sarah states, "it is not safe for her any longer."

suddenly, the clock strikes 12.

i'm overheated, can't be defeated

"it's midnight, we have to go or else everyone will get suspicious," sarah says as william nods, "tom," he tips his hat.

can't be deleted, can't un-believe it

"william," tom greets his friends. but before he could fully close it, william slips him a small note.

i'm overheated, can't be defeated

and as soon as the door closes, tom opens the note.

can't be deleted, can't un-believe it

"miles knows."

i'm overheated