12

tw: mentions of death, harm

just a little side note: my school is starting tomorrow so this will be my last update for now. enjoy!

meanwhile with tewkesbury, he was pacing around his room until a knock on his door interrupted his train of thoughts.

"who are-"

"-you," miles cuts tewkesbury off, "you know polly, yes?"

tewkesbury stayed silent.

"or should i say, y/n, y/n yellowfield or in this case, potter," he continues. "by any chance, do you know where the potters are? i'm sure they'd like to hear about this."

but before he could say more, there was another knock on the door.

miles hummed as tewkesbury got up to answer it.

"tewkesbury."

"enola- harry?"

"hi..."

the trio stared at each other, "uhm- come in, come in," he opens the door further as they stepped inside.

"i have something to- who's this?' enola asks as she passes by miles, who just stares at them.

"i-i have no idea, he just arrived," tewkesbury stutters.

miles got up, "i'm miles, miles fairchild," he turns to enola and harry, "and you must be enola holmes and harry potter. i've heard a few things about the both of you."

"you know us?" harry asks.

"oh, i know the both of you very well, he turns to enola, "especially you, miss holmes. you and your cases."

she shoots him a glare, "what do you know?"

"i know everything. the factory, the girl- i mean, the girls."

"what?"

"cicely and polly," harry's attention immediately shifts to miles, "polly?" the curly-haired man nods, "mhm. i was just about to tell tewkesbury here about her."

pure confusion filled the air. miles decided to go on.

"i know where she is."

"tell me-" enola nudges harry's arm, "-us. tell us. please," he corrects himself.

"she's with-"

a knock cuts him off.

miles stayed silent until harry went to answer the door.

"-her," miles finishes as they all see cicely behind the door.

"her?" tewkesbury looks at cicely and back at miles, "cicely?"

"uh- am i interrupting something?" cicely asks.

"no. actually, you're not. but i have news that involves you, your lover, and your friends."

"friends?"

cicely felt her chest tighten as if all the air was knocked out of her with a strong punch. she hesitantly closes the door.

"as i was saying, i know all about you and your friends. everything."

"what-"

"i know y/n's alive."

the room fell into silence.

"s-she's alive?' harry breaks the silence, "but how? enola and tewkesbury saw her die! they were there!"

"you forgot magic exists."

harry panicked and pushed miles before threatening him with his wand against his neck, "how and what do you know about magic?" he asked, "and tell us the truth! or i-"

"or you'll what? hex me? you cant do magic outside of school yet, harry. you're underage," miles taunted him.

don't leave me dry

"let go of him, harry," tewkesbury says, "let him speak."

don't leave me high

harry hesitantly lets go of miles. enola grabs harry and drags him a few feet away from him.

don't leave me high

"continue," eagerly says tewkesbhury.

don't leave me dry