catty

this is so late and a filler, i am so so sorry babes
thanks for liking/commenting a ton, love youu

louis p.o.v ~unedited~

It has been two days since Liam has asked me to prom, and I was freaking out. Prom was only two days away, and I didn't know what to wear, what to eat, or what gender role I was supposed to play. Misha was too busy figuring out her life to help me with the mess that is mine. Liam has been super sweet these past few days, I'm really excited to go to prom with him. Whenever he would talk about it he would have the biggest smile on his face, it was adorable. Liam reminded me of a puppy. The school day was over a few hours ago, and I was texting Misha to see if she wanted to go shopping for prom with me.

louis: go shopping with me pls

grade-a bitch: but im supposed to go Niall's

louis: misha

grade-a bitch: what

louis: ur abandoning ur child for that loser??

grade-a bitch: ur not my child

louis: that's what the illuminati wants you to think

grade-a bitch: ur annoying

louis: get ur ass over here

grade-a bitch: rude

louis: mish

grade-a bitch: rnt u supposed to be good at shopping bc ur gay

louis: hold up

grade-a bitch: roastedddd bitchhhh

grade-a bitch: louis

grade-a bitch: louise

grade-a bitch: lo

grade-a bitch: louis

grade-a bitch: lewis

grade-a bitch: fine

louis: yaaaaass bitch

grade-a bitch: you little shit

louis: meet me at shannon's bridal at 4. be there or be square. oh wait ur already square bitch

I shut my phone off and threw on some shorts with an embroidered top, ran my fingers through my hair, slipped on my shoes and left, seeing as it was already 3:30.

I got to Shannon's Bridal at 3:45, surprised that I was early for once in my life. I got out of my car and walked inside the nice-smelling shop, looking around a little before Misha got here. The shop carried more than wedding dresses, it also had bridesmaid dresses, and most importantly, prom dresses. There was even a little section in the corner that had cute matching bow ties.

A woman in her mid-twenties strutted over in her I'm-smiling-through-the-pain stilettos that had to have been 8 inches off the ground. But Harry was still bigger (most likely.)

"Are you looking for a present for someone special, or are you picking up an order?" I internally sighed knowing that she would kick me out if I attempted to explain that I was dress shopping for me, and that I would never, ever have a girlfriend. I was trying to stutter out an answer when Misha heroically walked through the door, making me run to her like I was a child who was just told off and his mother came to the rescue.

"Hey Lou," Misha greeted before she turned to the employee. "Would you mind showing me the way to the prom dresses?" If I was straight, I would've kissed Misha right then and there because she rescued me, but then I remembered that girls have cooties and that Harry Styles exists.

"Yeah, no problem," Barbie flashed her painful smile to Misha before leading us to the seemingly endless racks that held prom dresses. This is what little girls and cross dressing gay boy's dreams are made of.

"Do you need any help?" Barbie was like a vulture, not leaving us alone to have a conversation.

"No thank you, I think we've got it from here," Misha warmly responded, and I gained even more respect for her. Misha truly was my best friend. After Barbie reluctantly left, Misha got down to business.

"I think you would look great in blue personally, what length would you want? We would obviously have to get a dress with straps because of your lack of boobs, but that's a minor issue. What size are you?" Misha talked a mile a minute before tugging at the back part of my shorts, looking at what size I wear. She mentally figured out the difference in her head between men's and women's sizes, and I wish I wore my shorts that I bought from Forever 21 to make it easier on her. She guided me to a rack that I guess was my size and started looking through the racks, stopping only once in a while. She pulled a few out and put them in my arms, and within twenty minutes we had a big stack of dresses, so many that I could no longer see over the top of them.

"I think that will be good enough for now," she spoke to herself as she stared at the stack of dresses that she just picked out.

She guided me to the dressing rooms and shoved me in there, leaving me alone to try on many dresses. I sifted through them, denying some dresses that should've been bought back in the 80s, until I find a long light blue dress. I slid it over my head and it fell down my body, the end of the dress nearly touching the floor. I spun around in the mirror, and I decided not to wear long dresses.

"Hey Mish?"

"What?"

"I don't want a long dress," I said as I took off the dress and hung it back on the hanger. I heard Misha groan before walking over to me reaching her hands over the dressing room door, motioning for me to give her the dresses.

After I handed the majority of the dresses to her, there was only about four other dresses, and my eyes were only drawn to one.

The dress was beautiful, it was dark, yet bright blue, and the top was silver with gems sown into it. I immediately took it off the hanger and tried it on, spinning in the mirror. I unlocked the fitting room door and stepped outside, walking over to wear Misha sat.

"Oh my God," she gasped, "You're like the gay Cinderella. You have to get that dress!"

I went back into the changing room and carefully took it off and hung it back up before putting my clothes back on. Before we walked to the check out, I decided to buy a bow tie with the matching material and color of my dress for Liam.

It felt like the whole thing was coming together: I had a date for prom and a beautiful dress, and the perfect friend to help me pick it out.

Oh, I was so wrong.