Chapter 4

"What do you mean kiddo?"

"I think I'm in love with Matt.. like actually.."

My dad had put his beer down and looked at me.

"Why do you say that?"

"Well, he found out that I'm into him cause of the playlist."

"Told you shouldn't have named your playlist for Matt."

"Whatever, anyways he told me he liked me too and then we almost kissed and fucking Nick walked into the room ruining everything."

"Casual Nick move."

"I know, and I need help on what to do."

"Well, when I knew I was in love with your mother she made me feel like I was drowning, but in a good way. I looked into her eyes and just knew."

"That's how I feel with Matt.."

"Then let me tell you this kiddo. You're in love."

I never gossiped with my mom. She was always on the professional side and claimed that gossip was a waste of time, my dad on the other hand loved it. He said it made him feel like a teenager again. I was never close to my mom, but when you find out your mother has an incurable cancer that's gonna break you down. I started to become depressed. The triplets had to come and pull me out of bed and make me eat. After she had passed, my father just wanted to be alone so I stayed with the Sturniolos for about a month.

"I'm gonna head to bed. Night Dad. Love you."

"Love you too Kiddo."

When I got back up into my room I laid on my bed and pulled out my phone due to a notification.

Matty <3: *random link*

Char: Lol what's this?

Matty <3: A link to a song. Listen to it.

Char: Okay lol

I like Me Better by Lauv.

I've always wanted one of those kiss scenes where they play Heat Waves in the background so for shits and giggles I sent the link to heat waves.

Matty <3: Why Heat Waves?

Char: You'll know when the moment's right.

I put my phone up on my nightstand and went to bed.

——————

Matt sat there and contemplated why I sent him Heat Waves.

"I know she has a reason behind it.."

———————

I woke up the next morning once my alarm went off. The world felt.. different and I don't know why. It was a good different though.

"Morning Dad."

He looked at me as I walked downstairs.

"Someone's in a good mood this morning."

"What do you mean? I'm always like this."

My dad had chuckled to himself.

"You're in looove. You're a whole new person."

"I am not!"

"Yes you are. Matt Sturniolo has changed you."

I chuckled to myself a little bit before I put on my white air forces the triplets bought me last year for Christmas.

"Maybe. I'm thinking Senior year is about to be so much better than I thought."

"Need a ride to school?"

"Nah, I'll walk today."

"Works for me. Nick texted me and said Matt's picking you up today."

"Works for me." I said with a smile. "Love you."

"Love you too kiddo."

I grabbed my bag and started walking. Maybe my dad was right. Maybe Matt was changing me for the better.