Chapter 6

Matt looked at me and smiled. I pulled out my phone.

"You know how we were sending song to each other last night?"

"Yeah?"

"There IS a reason I sent Heat Waves, but I wanted to send you a different song but I chickened out." 

"What song is it?"

"I'm going to send it to you, and listen to it once you get the chance."

I texted Matt the link to Dandelions by Ruth B. 

--------------

"YES! YES MATT! FINALLY!" Nick started dancing in the window.

"What? What did Matt do?" 

"HE FINALLY KISSED CHARLOTTE!" 

"I didn't know he was into Charlotte..."

"I'm surprised you didn't realize it at Dave and Busters. Did you not see the way he was looking at her?" 

Chris shrugged. "I mean it's whatever.."

"Oh my god- You still like Charlotte!" 

"I do not." 

"Yes you do liar!"

"Okay so what? It's not like I can do anything about it now." 

------------

Matt and I walked inside the house and everyone is dead silent.

"Well damn.." 

"It's like a funeral here." 

"Whatever, anyways, you guys wanna make a video?"

Chris and Nick look up at us. 

"We could-" Matt stops and looks down at me who's scrambling for my phone. "Who is it?" 

"It's Ms. Linx, my next door neighbor. She said an ambulance just took my dad to the hospital-" 

"What? What's going on?"

"I don't know! I'll be right back." 

I grab my phone and call Ms. Linx. 

"Oh Darling.." 

"What's going on with my dad?" 

"Honey.. He had a heart attack." 

"What.." 

My heart dropped. I already knew what she was gonna say. It was the same call I had received from my father when my mom passed, but this time it was the parent that was there for me my whole life.. through  EVERYTHING.

"He passed away on the couch of your house.. I walked in since nobody was answering and I saw him there.. I am so sorry sweetie." 

I felt weak. I felt like I had just been hit by a car. I fell to the ground in tears. The triplets ran into the room almost instantly. 

Author Note: Yes i know, a short depressing chapter. The next couple chapters might be longer and or depressing likely both. For what I'm currently thinking there might be a TW on the next couple chapters.