~My Husband~

Summary: Yevgeny was taken in by Mickey and Ian. While shopping Yevgeny told a friend Ian was Mickey's friend.

after season 11
word count:1388
-----------------------------------
Ian was out shopping and Mickey was at the liquor store. Mickey and Ian were planning to have a nice "romantic" dinner. Even if romantic was just spaghetti with beers.

Ian was the more romance-related one. He loved doing small things for Mickey. If that meant kisses or a small gift, Ian would do it.

While Mickey was the more action-related one. He would do anything to keep Ian out of harm. He loved Ian even if he couldn't show it well.

Ian and Mickey at this time took Yevgeny. They had an agreement with Svetlana to keep custody of him while she was with her more likely dead husband. Yevgeny was currently 13.

Ian had taken Yev shopping with him to distract him. Ian knew Mickey would either take him to the liquor store, leave him in the car, or forget about him at home.

Yevgeny was surrounded by Mickey and Ian, meaning he didn't mind them being gay, but at school, he was surrounded by homophobic kids. He knew Ian wasn't his real dad, so he would always use that against him. Saying things like:

'I bet my real dad would'

Or even things like

'I'm glad you're not my real dad'

Those comments always hurt Ian. It made him feel as if he wasn't enough. Ian would always keep it to himself, and not tell Mickey, scared he would get mad at Yev.

Ian was walking up and down the Isles, buying ingredients for the dinner. While walking Yev saw a friend from school. The kid walked up to him and they were talking when the kid looked at Ian.

"Who's that? Where's your dad?"

Ian opened his mouth, about to speak but got cut off by Yevgeny.

"He is my dad's friend! My dad had to go on a date with a girl and asked Ian to watch me, Even though I'm 13 and can handle myself."

Ian looked at Yev and felt his chest tighten. Ian looked away and continued walking. He walked to check out, forgetting half of the ingredients for the dinner.

Ian wanted to leave. He didn't want to embarrass Yevgeny anymore. Ian pulled out his phone and dialed Mickey's number. His eyes were glassy but he just stared at the phone.

Yevgeny walked up to Ian and spoke in a louder tone, but not quite a yell.

"What the fuck. Why did you leave da-"

Ian cut him off before he could even finish the sentence.

"Don't. I'm not telling Mick. But, I ain't let you disrespect me like that. I am sorry if you don't understand. I'm the closet to a dad I can get"

Ian paid for the groceries. Once he was done he took everything to the car. Yev felt bad and pulled him back by his arm.

"I didn't mean it, dad! They're homophobic and Dad is the one who usually fights them. Plus he's a kid. I don't want you to get in trouble."

Ian didn't listen and told him to get into the car. He called Mickey but only to tell him the dinner was off and he just ordered pizza.

Mickey was confused and concerned. Ian loved their weekly dinners. It made Ian happy and that's all Mickey wanted. Before Mickey could say anything about it, Ian hung up.

~Dinner time~

Mickey had arrived and Ian was in their room. Yevgeny was watching tv in the living room, eating pizza.