✰slipping through my fingers✰

This is an AU where Ian stayed in the Military and came back after 4 years.

Soft Mickey & smart-ass Ian

Word count: 1816
———–——————————————————
Mickey's pov:

It has been 4 years since Gallagher left after I got married. I haven't heard from him and I am slowly losing myself. I don't know why I care so much for the fucker.

He is just a warm mouth, right?

His family said he was coming back today. I don't know if I should show up. What if he hates me for letting him leave?

I get my shoes on and wait by the door for Mandy. My sister and Gallagher's best friend. I don't know why I'm going. It's not like we are homos in love. It was just a hookup. I shouldn't care this much.

I was deep in thought before Mandy pushed me out of the way to get to the door. I look at her and began to follow. We get to the Gallagher house, we can hear yelling and screaming from inside.

Mandy walks up the stairs to knock on the door. She notices I'm not behind her and turns to face me.

"Don't tell me you're having second thoughts. You came willingly. I'm not going to watch you let him slip through your fingers again."

Mandy grabbed my arm and dragged me up the stairs. I felt sick. Why am I reacting this way? It's not like I'm in love with him.

Mandy knocks and we are greeted by his snobby little sister, Debbie. Mandy and I walk in, and everyone is adding the final touches to the decorations. I sit on the stairs, Lip walking up and offering a beer. Lip was the only Gallagher who knew about me and Ian.

I take the beer and open it. Lip sat next to me and tried to make small talk.

"Ian mentioned you in the last message he sent."

Hearing that made me even more nervous for some reason.

"What did he say?"

I ask. I may have let down my guard at that moment because Mandy asked why I was smiling. Smiling? Why am I smiling?

"I'll let him tell you."

Lip said before there was a knock on the door. He was here. I quickly get up and run out the back door. I couldn't do it. I threw up. My nerves got the best of me.

I sat on the stairs of the back porch for a moment. Just then I hear the door open. It was probably Mandy to call me a pussy. I turn to look at the door and it's Ian.

Ian's pov:

It had been 4 years since I last saw Mickey. I was in the Military feeling sorry for myself. I am not going to say I didn't miss Mickey because I did. Every night before lights out I thought about him.

Today I was finally going home. I sent Lip a message before I left. I told him to not invite Mickey. I wanted to see if Mickey wanted to see me.

It was a long bus ride home but it was worth it. I stood outside the gate that lead to my home. I look around and smile. It felt really good to be back. I walked up to the door and knocked. Just then I also heard the back door open.

The door opened and there Debbie was. She jumped on me and behind her was a little girl. That was my Niece, Franny. I walked in and was greeted by my family. I smiled and we all hugged. I saw Mandy, my best friend. I hugged her and I hated to ask, scared of the answer.

"Is he here?.."

Mandy gave me warm smile, giving me the answer. I looked around not seeing him. Just then I remembered the back door. I ran to the door and opened it. There he was, on the steps drinking a beer.