Part 2 - The Fight

🍃🪷

A few days had passed since the incident, and Ni'teya had not returned home since. She'd found herself a comfortable area to sleep, right beside a small stream which allowed her access to a great source of food to keep her going. She also had her ikran, Me'kari to keep her company and provide her with a small sense of safety.

By now, Kiri had found her and would come to visit her when she could, as things were getting restless back at home for the Sully family.

Kiri told Ni'teya what was happening. First of all, Kiri informed her that Spider hadn't actually escaped that day, and that the Sky-People had taken him with them, and it was clear to Ni'teya that this deeply angered her friend. Second of all, Jake Sully was no longer Toruk Makto, which surprised Ni'teya greatly upon hearing it, and finally, Kiri's parents were planning to leave the clan in search for safety from the Sky-people. Ni'teya didn't react fondly to this either, immediately jumping up and yelling "No!" in response.

Even though there was no chance of stopping Kiri from leaving with her family, that didn't stop Ni'teya from coming up with all sorts of schemes and plans to make sure that Kiri wouldn't leave her and that she wouldn't be alone in the forest.

When Ni'teya wouldn't stop her planning, Kiri proclaimed that she'd do her best to convince her family to let Ni'teya come with them, as Kiri's eylan.

Ni'teya was immediately doubtful.

"I don't think they'd let me come, Kiri. I'm not part of your family and they wouldn't want to take me away from mine." She remarked, though she knew her family would most likely not even realise she'd gone.

Kiri thought for a while, and said "Maybe, but you've proven yourself useful in difficult situations. We won't know unless we try it!"

Ni'teya saw how much faith Kiri had in this idea, and had no choice but to nod in agreement that they should atleast try. She had nothing against going with Kiri and her family, it was just that she wasn't sure of what Jake thought of her after their conversation.

Reluctantly, Ni'teya followed Kiri all the way back to where her and her family resided in order to discuss the matter with them. Kiri said that she should go in alone first, leaving Ni'teya outside, alone, to wait and see what they say.

Though the family were all inside of their tent, this didn't stop noise from escaping it. Ni'teya could hear everything, though she did try to ignore what they were saying.

"Please, please, please, Mom, please!" Kiri begged Neytiri, which only beckoned more "please"'s coming from Tuk who'd decided she wanted to join in on the begging.

"She's not ours, Kiri." Neytiri said, speaking in a calming and gentle manner. "We can't take her!" Were her final words, which Ni'teya assumed were accompanied by some sort of fed-up hand gesture.

Jake spoke next, "Why would she want to leave this place?" he asked. It was a good point, up until now not even Ni'teya had thought about where she would be going, let alone what it would be like away from the forest for so long. Kiri was obviously getting restless, "She'll go wherever I go! And I will go where she goes! Please, dad, I don't want to lose another friend." She says, her desperation clear.

A few sighs were heard from inside the tent, a silence rendered.

"Let me see what she thinks of this, then" Jake sighs, pacing towards the front entrance of the tent, where Ni'teya was stood waiting.

He flung aside the tent's opening, revealing his daughter's stowaway standing patiently and directly in front of him.
"Ah. So I see this was thought up before-hand." He comments, gesturing that Ni'teya should go ahead and enter the tent before him, which she did.