Part 3 - Arrival

🐚 🌊

(POV: Ni'teya)

The journey was most exhilarating. Storms blew, the wind so fierce it almost seemed like the attacks where personal. Sometimes, a huge gust would come at me, making it sufficiently more difficult to breathe for a few seconds, before it eased out and I'd have to wait for the next one. Luckily though, nobody was hurt and nobody caused any problems - definitely not pointing that remark at anyone in particular - and we reached our destination the following morning.

We were greeted by the Metkayina clan, the Sea People, who weren't so pleased to hear that we wished to stay with them. I decided I should remain silent until it was over, as I didn't know my place within this family yet. I watched as harsh remarks were made towards Kiri and Lo'ak, for having five fingers instead of four, like Jake Sully, saying that they had "demon blood".

The term "demon blood" wasn't one I was unfamiliar with. Back at the forest, a few of the other children would sometimes tease Lo'ak and Kiri aimlessly for having four fingers. I'd sometimes have to comfort Kiri after particularly harsh comments made towards her, while she asked me why she was different from the rest of them, to which I didn't have any real replies to.

I watched as Lo'ak's ears hid, his head turned away with an obvious disappointment, wether that lay within the fact he was different or that he was being publicly humiliated by the so-called Tsahìk of the clan.

The wives seemed to bicker while the husbands looked for a change in subject, and eventually the Metkayina clan let us stay with them.

The first person to show us kindness was the clan leader's daughter, Tsireya, who gladly and kindly lead us all to our sleeping huts. The son, Aonung, however was much more reluctant to help or even show any spec of welcomeness.

I didn't know what to think of this new world, the water was so clear and shiny, I could see every living thing underneath it, be it wildlife or the plants that were growing down under. My feet carried themselves forward after the Sully's headed off to find their huts.

When I caught up, I discovered that I'd be sharing my own hut with Kiri, while the two brothers would have their own hut neighbouring ours, as well as Jake, Tuk and Neytiri's one hut down from theirs. This arrangement calmed me in a way, I didn't think sleeping alongside the whole Sully family would suit my situation nicely, as I may have been greeted with pokes to the eye from the youngest son.

"Teya, left or right?" Kiri asked, pointing either side of her at two hammocks made out of some sort of big leaf and some sticks.
"I don't mind, you pick." I told her, much more involved with the scenes below our hut. There were small fish circling, some blue, some green and some yellow ones, all glowing and healthy-looking. Kiri came to investigate also, suggesting that we get a closer look, to which I agreed right away.

We both half-ran and half-walked over to the ledge of our raised platform above the water, dangling our feet in it. I expected a cold hit but in reality, the water was incredibly warm!

After a while, I noticed that the fish seemed to be more fascinated by Kiri than I, which was odd to behold as they were circling her feet so closely making her giggle as they tickled her. "They must like you, a lot!" I joked, watching them some more.

Our fun was yet again taken away from us as Tuk came running whilst yelling, "family meeting, family meeting!" something that I hadn't experienced before.
"Alright, alright Tuk we're coming" Kiri sighed, taking her feet out of the water and dragging me along behind her towards Jake and Neytiri's hut to gather with the rest of them.

(POV: Narrator)

All seven of them gathered, kneeling down in a circle in the hut's centre, waiting for Jake to begin his anticipated speech.