Part 18 - So Close

🐚⚔️🌊

The Metkayina clan's leaders had prepared their finest warriors, sending them out as well as themselves towards the Sky-People ship in order to protect their territory and their people. Jake, Neytiri and their eldest son accompanied them, leading the way, Neytiri flying above on her ikran seen as it was what she knew best.

Jake had refused to bring his eldest son with him, however Neteyam continued to persist until Jake could no longer argue with him, slim on time and slim on patience.

Swimming across the reef and over it's edge on their Skimwings, the Metkayina clan parked themselves a good distance away from the ship, as Jake had instructed them to halt. Quaritch had contacted him using Lo'ak's communication device, which he'd stolen, immediately alerting Jake that that was the reason why Lo'ak hadn't responded to any of his messages.

He'd told Jake that he had his son on the ship, even though just moments ago Ni'teya had won him back, still trying to use Lo'ak as bait to lure Jake onto the ship. Quaritch told him that he had to come to him for his son's return, however Jake knew what he really wanted.

Knowing how this was going to end, Jake instructed Neteyam to stay put and wait for him to get back, but Neteyam knew better. He could see through his dad's ploy, making his own decision to disobey him and find his way onto the ship to retrieve his little brother once again, as well as Ni'teya, feeling guilty that he hadn't managed to do so the first time.

Once Jake had already begun swimming towards Quaritch, Neteyam dove underneath the waves and proceeded forward towards the ship, heading towards the same entrance he'd gone into before as he knew his way around that area best.

.
( Meanwhile )
.

"Lo'ak, if you don't shut your obnoxiously loud mouth right now, I'll tell Neytiri." Ni'teya snaps at the boy who'd been blabbering on beforehand about how she needed to 'stop being better than' him and that she 'needed to let him win for once'. Ni'teya didn't necessarily disagree with the content of his statements, she only found trouble in agreeing with the idea of her losing.

"You did not just say that." Lo'ak joked, pretending to feel hurt, holding his hand to his heart and acting as if he'd been shot, making his breathing harsh and forced.

"Quit it!" She tells him, feeling a laugh attempt to leave her which she avoided from happening.

The both of them had devised a plan, (both of them meaning: Ni'teya spoke while Lo'ak nodded along) and they were about to put it into action. It wasn't much of a plan, truth be told, it simply consisted of them going left and then turning right at the first corner, as Lo'ak was 'super-sure' that he knew where he was going.

So, when the coast was clear, the two of them left the grate and headed left, both properly defended with weapons in hand. Ni'teya had given Lo'ak the arrow-shaped dagger, not letting him near any of her other weapons as she knew he'd probably either drop them or leave them in someone's leg.

On the way to their destination, which was only really 'out', wherever that was, they were met with several distractions. The Sky-People were easy to take down, Ni'teya being able to spot them long before they'd spotted her, either shooting them with her bow or using some other means of attacking, be that chucking a dagger at them or a small thorn, or sometimes even using the makeshift smoke-bombs because she simply wanted to see them explode into pretty colours.

Lo'ak helped too, tackling a few Sky-People and hitting them to knock them out, never committing to the kill. When they'd run into a Na'vi however, he'd be more willing to do so, becoming much more violent and hostile, managing to snap one's neck whilst Ni'teya tripped it up as they'd planned to do after spotting it. Ni'teya assumed this was because Lo'ak knew these Na'vi were imposters, pretending to be one of their own kind.