Part 12 - Boredom

🐚 🌊

The following day came around, Ni'teya had been stuck to her bed the entire time and she was getting visibly bored and restless. Kiri and Tuk had been keeping her company, not letting anyone else come into the hut in fear of "them making Ni'teya want to him them" which would involve moving. There were only a select few people that would irk that reaction, and to be candid, she didn't mind the separation. Kiri insisted that she were to rest properly and safely, away from trouble.

The two girls would talk to her about new games they'd come up with and wanted to play once Ni'teya was better, they'd act out dramatic scenes before her and even sometimes sang!

But, despite her never ending entertainment that was being so generously provided, Ni'teya wanted to be outside more than anything.

That morning, Tsireya had found the three of them in the hut and as she wasn't on the short list of people who'd evoke a violent reaction from their injured friend, they let her in. She joined in on the conversation which was currently about types of fruit they did or didn't like, Ni'teya being particularly vicious towards pinky-purple berries.

Just as they finished up that debate, though scripted, Jake appeared outside of the hut, asking to be let in. Kiri did so, allowing Jake to inspect Ni'teya's wound to see how it was healing. Luckily for her, it was healing quite quickly and Jake gave her permission to begin moving around slowly. Although this was great news for Ni'teya to hear, he then told her it wasn't yet at the stage where she'd be allowed to swim yet.

Once he'd left, the three of them resumed their conversing from before, now moving on to various topics about their ikrans and ilus. When Ni'teya mentioned that she hadn't named her ilu yet, Tuk seemed flabbergasted to say the least.

"What?! You have to name her! You have to! You have to!!" She begs and begs, taking Ni'teya's hands and looking as if she was praying to her

"But... I don't have any names in mind! Why don't you help me, Tuk?" She offers, making Tuk's little features brighten. She paces back and forth for a short while before coming to a sudden halt.

"I've got it, I've got it!" She jumps around, revealing her idea. "How about Meyaani!"

As Ni'teya didn't have any other options and that name did have a nice ring to it, she agreed sending Tuk into a smiling frenzy. Just then, Tsireya was called over by her mother, Ronal, who then whispered something into her ear making them all wonder what she was saying.

Tsireya then span around, smiling from one ear to the other and proclaiming that "the Tulkun have returned!" which only worsened Tuk's excitement. She immediately ran towards where her ilu was swimming, followed by Tsireya and a few other Na'vi who had heard her loud statement. Kiri almost joined them before turning back to her friend, giving her an uncomfortably awkward stare.

"You can go!" Ni'teya told her, smiling truthfully and sending Kiri on her way knowing that she'd hesitated due to the fact that Ni'teya wouldn't be able to join her. She watched as her friend swam off on her ilu, shouting and waving at the two other girls to 'wait up!'.

Ni'teya then attempted to stand up by herself, being a bit too hasty for what she could handle, causing her to fall straight back down onto her hammock which didn't end up hurting as much as it would've the day prior. She tried again, wanting to be able to move herself to a closer position on the platforms in order to hopefully catch a glimpse of the Tulkun. This time, it worked. Ni'teya balanced herself by holding onto a pole that was supporting the hut's roof, managing this time to take a few steps around it without causing even an inch of pain.