06

Two weeks had passed and all Ni-ki did was to be with you. It's not that he's always clinging to you but , he's always there at your house , helping your aunt just to have a reason to talk to you or sometimes he's inviting you to stroll over the place and explore the town. It's not that you're complaining but it seems like you're catching feelings.

He's your friend and also you're just from a fresh break up and feeling like that is a bit weird. Like, is it this easy for you to catch feelings when you're still healing?

Now , your doubting yourself.

You're afraid that you're just using him to forget your ex boyfriend. And you believe that's effective. But when you think about it , it's all wrong.

Ni-ki is so dear to you and he might be hurt if he'll knew that you're just using him.

But that's unintentional! You didn't planned this. It just happened. Hurting Ni-ki has never came into your mind ever.

Right now , you're just looking blankly at the ceiling with pillows around you.

Actually , Ni-ki was on your mind first thing in the morning. And even last night , you dreamed about him. Maybe that happened because you're thinking about him when you fell asleep. Opps ! Seems like he's on your mind always.

You don't know if you feel right now is actually love , infatuation or just a simple admiration since the guy is so admirable in so many ways.

But Jay , you still love him. Even though you two broke up , a big space in your heart was still occupied by him. And you're wishing that the two of you will be together again.

But now that there's Ni-ki in the picture , it makes you confused. Confused of what you really feel. Because you can't love two different individuals at the same time.

You skake your head , erasing every traces of Ni-ki in it. You shouldn't think of him . He's just a friend.

" Y/n ! " You heard someone is shouting outside your window.

You peeked and you saw Ni-ki holding coco's leash .

Right ! You let him take coco yesterday. Remembering it just made you slap your forehead lightly.

" Oh hi . Come in ." You invited him inside the house like a hospitable person that you should be because he's a friend.

Coco then jump on you when he saw you leaving your room .

" Oh did my baby missed me ?" The dog just licked you excitedly.

" Should I change my name to baby ? Because I miss you too " You choked when you heard it . Did you heard it right ?

He then laughed at your reaction. He's enjoying now that you gave him the reaction that he wanted. You knew it , he's just teasing you.

" Shut up ! " You got a bit annoyed yet shy because of it.

He just giggled afterwards and settled himself on the couch .

" Can I ask you for a date , y/n ? " He said out of nowhere . Like bro , it's so random.

You just stood there, while looking at him , surprised . You did not expect him asking you that . You didn't expect your friendship would escalate at that level.

He was just looking at you , waiting for your answer . You knew it when he's all serious . And it is now.

You cleared your throat , clearing something imaginary in it . Just to ease the awkwardness. Because you , yourself feels heated with just his stares .

He really makes you feel intimidated and conscious of what you look right now . His stares makes you feel shy all of the sudden .

There's a thingling feeling inside your chest . It chills your whole being as your heart beats fastly. And you're stupid if you didn't know what it means .

" Y/n , I'm asking you , do you want to have a date with me ?" He asked in authority . As if whatever he said , you'll agree right away . And that's what you did . You nod your head , granting his wish .

It's just a friendly date right ? You'll settle for it if it is what you think of and you wouldn't expect anything huge after it . You knew you're friends . Maybe Ni-ki is just being nice to you since you both just met after years of being away with each other.

" Alright ! I should dress up for our friendly date ." You awkwardly said and turned your body trying to get away from him . You walked fast when you heard nothing from him . So it is really what you think , just a friendly date . You shouldn't expect but there's still an ounce in you that hopes that there's something between you .

" No , dress pretty y/n . It's a real date . " You heard him spoke and you stopped. Now , it makes sense that he's all dressed up casually and extra handsome today .

Now , you can't help but let the butterflies swarm in your stomach. They've been there everytime Ni-ki is with you but now , they're partying inside of you. Are they celebrating ?

You didn't answer him and ran inside your room . Sure , Ni-ki really knows how to make you shy . And you bet your aunt is witnessing all of this . But you didn't care . She can tease you all she wants after this but all you want for now is to experience this new happiness with Ni-ki .