14

A month had passed since you worked at the company . You've been used to see Ni-ki anywhere for a month and you believe , your feelings for him grew deeper even though you knew that he already have a relationship with someone.

It's quite thrilling to be in that situation .

There's nothing confirmed though, but hearing him on a call last time made you overthink.

You two are not the same as before but thinking of what you are now , you feel that you're starting from one in building your friendship. You're starting all over again as friends.

" Happy birthday y/n! " Your workmates greeted you when you entered the office . They were all smiling at you . And in return, you smiled as excited as they are.

" Aww , thank you guys ! You remembered ." You got teary eyed. They even decorated your table with greetings and prepared you a cake.

" Oh you gotta be kidding y/n. You've been so obvious for a whole week. Who wouldn't know that it's your birthday ?" One of your close friend spoke . And she's right. You want a surprise like this that you've been talking too much about your birthday. It's so obvious that you're expecting this. But you're just talking about it on purpose everytime Ni-ki is near. So he'll remember it.

You just giggled in response. It's so nice of them to actually celebrate your birthday even though they felt obliged.

" Did I? Sorry ! But thanks y'all are so nice . Lunch is on me! " You just said for them not to be disappointed of you . But actually, you had planned to treat them lunch later. It's just six of you in the office and it's not that big of loss in your allowance. You still have extra if they want to go karaoke later after work.

" Great! Lunch is free later . I can save !" One of your co-worker said . All of them agreed and cheered. And some blabbed about how they chipped in for the cake.

Then you heared a knock on the door. All of you looked to know who's the visitor. And a delivery man popped out from it.

You heaved a sigh. You're expecting it to be Ni-ki so you didn't paid attention to the delivery man since you don't expect a parcel today. You slumped on your swivel chair and stared at your cake.

" Y/n , it's for you!" Your workmate called and you instantly looked back. But frowned since you didn't ordered anything.

" Really ?" You stood up and walk to the door to check it.

You got excited to see a bouquet of flowers and a box of cake.

" Good morning ma'am , you can sign it here ." The delivery man instructed you then gave you your present .

" Who is it from ?" You asked him .

" It's from Mr. Park Jongseong . " He simply answered before heading out.

You checked the card and it's really from him. When you went back , all your workmates had a teasing look and some of them were smirking.

" Is it from your boyfriend ?"

You just smiled.

" Nope. So cut all your imaginations and start working. " You said and placed the bouquet on the side .

Even though he's abroad , he never failed to remember your birthday .

Then you got a message.

" Happy birthday my dear y/n! I hope you like my present. I'll get you a real gift when I come home . " He texted . You smiled and typed for your reply.

You're just thankful that he's still your friend even though you two had broke up .