17

" Have you heard the news from the marketing department? " One of your co workers stated. At first , you're not that interested in their chitchat but then you remembered that Ni-ki was from there.

" What news ? Girl , just spill the tea." The other one almost whispered her reply and you're all ears eavesdropping at them.

" Someone quitted their job. " Is all she answered.

You even covered your mouth in surprise but still listened to them . It's early in the morning and these people are gossiping.

" Really? Who is it ?"

" I don't know. It's just the info that I got. I don't even had a friend there. " The other lady she's gossiping with slapped her arm.

" Great! Now, I can't focus on work if I won't hear the full story. You should've atleast ask if who is it. I'm not satisfied with this. You just ruined my day. " She exclaimed in frustration.

Then the two of them looked at you , catching you eavesdropping at them. The two had the same expression in their faces as if they're up to something.

" Y/n , didn't you have a friend at the marketing department? "

You pointed at yourself , asking if it's you who they're asking.

" Me? Ahh .. well kinda?"

The both of them grinned at each other. They looked creepy to be honest.

" So could you ask your friend if who's the one who quitted ? I know you're listening to us and you're interested. So can you ask them ? Of course in secret . We can't let them know that we're gossiping about them here. "

Actually what they're talking about is kinda safe . They're not even talking bad . It's just they want to know who is it . Maybe after that , they can start throwing hate towards the department head or the members there.

" Umm , okay . I'll ask him later if I'll see him ." You said and opened your computer.

The marketing office is on the upper floor so you can't just go there without any important task. 

The two of them whispered to each other after that. Maybe they're making up stories about why the worker quitted their job when it has nothing to do with them. Actually this mindset has to stop.

It's been hours and you can't focus on your job. You're thinking about Ni-ki and you're worried about that one person who resigned. Because there's also a possibility that it was Ni-ki. You haven't seen him again after that night. He's really good at playing hide and seek.

You decided to call him but he's still out of reach.

" Maybe his phone is broken . " You sighed.

Finally your boss gave you a task and it includes going up to the upper floor . You have a chance to peek in the marketing office.

You excitedly went upstairs with the documents that you need to deliver to the other office and you'll pass by the office where Ni-ki is . Good thing it has a glass window so you could see what's inside.

You know where Ni-ki's spot is so you focused on that certain area but to your disappointment, he wasn't there . Instead, his table is empty.

You felt a sudden mix of emotions whilst holding the files that you haven't delivered yet .

Then someone tapped your shoulder.

" You're Ni-ki's friend, right ?" You nodded . It's his desk mate.

" Do you know why he resigned ? He hasn't mentioned anything to me. I thought we're buddies ." The guy pouted slightly.

You shivered from what you just heard as if it's the most tragic thing that you ever heard.

" He resigned?" You asked and the guy looked at you surprised .

" You didn't know ? He's not here since monday. Oh god , it's already thursday. " He can't believe that you don't have any idea about it.

You looked pale , and unable to respond .

" Uhh , I still have errands to do . " You turned and started to walk.

" Hey, just visit him if you know where he lives and ask him why he left. " He added but you already left . Though, you still heard all of it.

" Right! I'll visit him . Wait , I don't know where he stays . He's probably still here in the city.. or maybe not ?" You said to yourself but you have no idea where he stays . Or maybe you can just go to the province on your day off to check on him . Maybe there's a serious reason why he resigned.