07

" A picnic ?" You exclaimed when you heard him talk about a picnic at the hillside where you always play when you're young .

It's not that you were expecting a classy date . You both are still students and can't afford those but you didn't expect him doing this kind of thing . It's more romantic than mall dates if you'll say.

" Yeah ? What about it ? " he asked back . He's unsure now if you like the idea since you questioned it.

" Oh nothing. It's just... I never expected this. I mean , where did you hid all that romantic sides of you ? You never showed it to me . This is quite unusual. "

You explained but ever since you came back , the old Ni-ki that you knew when you're young is different from this Ni-ki . He's now more gentleman and caring. But you're just trying to deny it because you're confused about your feelings. You won't accept having a romantic feelings with your childhood friend . Because for you , it's somewhat wrong. Or maybe you're just not used to it .

" I've been like this for ages y/n . You're just blind to see it . " He straightforwardly stated while gripping the plastic bag with foods . You two are just walking to the place since it's near.

" Whatever . But why did you let me dress pretty when we're just having a picnic at the hillside . I thought we're going to the mall or something . You even dressed nice that I matched the colors so we'll look good together. " You complained and slapped him with a slight push because you really looked for a dress that matches his outfit . But good thing you didn't wear hills today .

" I'm just trying to look cool . And besides , it's a trend . To look like those on pinterest . So you'll have something nice to post later on instagram . "

You looked at him , unamused . But he had a point . You love things that are aesthetically pleasing .

" Oh , I didn't think of it . You have a point . "

He then held your hand when you hopped on the low fence . The place is private but since it's owned by Ni-ki's relative , he has access on it and can pass anytime he wanted . His dad was the caretaker of the empty land . Well , it's not really empty since it has different kinds of fruit bearing trees but it's kinda abandoned by the owner . It's far from the city and the owner hardly visits the area .

" The fence is still the same . " You pointed out after you crossed .

" Yeah .. my dad said , he'll change it next week . It's rusty and some are damaged." He said and you just hummed. " I already set up a picnic blanket and some decorations for our date today ."

You looked at him and he's smiling looking directly at the route that you're taking. You then smiled to yourself. He really took effort in making this day special.

Without an announcement , you hold on to his arms and walked like nothing happened. Just like the old days.

You felt that he was looking at you but you just ignored him and continued walking.

Minutes after , you saw a mini hut near a mango tree. There settled a striped maroon and white picnic blanket with cushions in it . Your smile got even wider. You pulled him as you went there almost running.

" Hey ! Calm down ." He said , slightly laughing. He knew that you liked the set up.

" Woah Ni-ki , this is so cool !" Your eyes shines as you roamed around .

" Thanks goodness you liked it . "

" What do you mean like ? I love it , silly !" You answered and hugged him on his waist. Jay never did something special like this to you. In those times that you're going out with him , he usually takes you to restaurants and other classy events . It's not that he never made you happy but you never felt it being romantic . Well maybe during the first time ... You just ignored all your thoughts everytime you're with him because you love him. But all in all , restaurant dates is a bit boring when you're used to it.

Now , you couldn't help but to compare .

The two of you enjoyed each other's company as you hear the birds chirping and feel the smooth breeze of wind . Good thing the mango tree is big enough to cover you of it's shade.

" Y/n , do you remember this tree? This is where you fell when you're 10. " He asked you and your smile suddenly faded.

" Shut up! That hurts so much. I didn't forget how you laughed at me when I fell down. You smelled sour that time. "

" Excuse me ? I'm always smell good. "

" Don't lie , Ni-ki. You even had a hole on your shorts. I think that's your favorite because you wear it almost everyday. And I bet , you don't shower everyday. "

" You're just saying that because you always dresses nice and you came from the city. I always wear the same clothes because we can't afford to buy new. I remembered you always brag about how good the city looks like and all the toys that you brought here. You even brag your pen with a cartoon cover that comes with different colors. " He said and you realized how a brat you are before.

" Well , that was before. I'm different now. "

He just smiled. What you just said was true. And he loves this version of you now.

The two of you just talked about random things and your stay there lasted for 2 hours before you  told him that you want to go home .

" Did you enjoyed our date y/n?"

You smiled at him and say no words. Your house is just two meters from where you are.

He's anticipating for your answer but you just leaned and kissed him on his cheeks before you run to your aunt's house while giggling.

Ni-ki just stood there and holding his cheek , still processing what the hell just happened. When he realized , he smiled widely and jumps excitedly as he goes home.