05

For many reasons could someone hate someone else. Reasons going as far as killing somebody close to another one like it could also be because of a simple reason like forgetting to give someone a gift on their birthday. The scale was infinite on these types of things, each case being different and every person being also different. Someone more sensitive or even delicate, hating someone could be quickly done, sensitive to some topics the two don't get along. The level of hating someone could change also by the intimacy and relationship the two had before hating each other. Surely, it was more painful to hate someone you knew all your life than to hate a total stranger that you decided to hate because you didn't like their face. Some people also hated others through the says of someone else, rumors, and gossip floating around the head of people, those hearsays sometimes difficult to differentiate from the truth.

Hate was a strong word to express someone's disliking toward another person or a group of people. A lot of people often mix extreme disliking and hate together, two things similar, but also two things with their differences. Extreme disliking is not being able to hear or see this person or group of people without feeling an extreme amount of annoyance or even anger. Something every human on this planet has ever experienced, except newborns. Their first emotion would be more similar to fear or pain. While the emotion of hate, it is a strong feeling of disgust, rage, anger, and fury towards a group of people or a certain person. Hate is a feeling so strong that it can affect someone physically. Themselves, and whoever it is they hate.

Hate is also permanent. It is simply how strong it is.

Hating someone is far from frail or normal. It means you would hurt deeply, torture immensely, or kill someone without feeling even an ounce of regret or remorse, sooner or later. If you've done these things to someone and died, still not feeling a faint amount of regret, hate has eaten you whole long ago.

Hate is permanent and it will stay at the side of whoever let hate devour them entirely until their last breath.

Hate is simply that strong of an emotion.

Every emotion has its extreme, of course. Everything has both extremes. Positive and negative, only positive or only negative, they are all in the same category, they are all extremes.

Hate can be found in the category of extreme negative.

Leoni was in the category of the ones mistaking their disliking for hate. Every day, he kept repeating in his mind how much he hated Misaki Hanaken. When in reality, he only mistook his dislike for hate. Because he would never be able to hurt her or kill her, just because he wanted to. Yes, sometimes he wanted to strangle or stab the third year to death, but it was only a thought, nothing more, nothing less. Even if he thought those actions, he would never do it.

The same goes for Misaki. Though, she was a bit more aware of her emotions and their meanings as she knew that she didn't hate Leoni, but didn't appreciate him.

He was her junior, so she still had that feeling of needing to be a role model for Leoni, even if he acted like an ungrateful brat half of the time, the other half being more regulated as Gojo was here to calm him down, she still thought of Leoni as a little brother that she needed to help. Even if Leoni would rather die than seek her help.

But Misaki won't give up on him so easily.

The two of them were currently sitting on a bench not so far away from their next mission, The light of the sun passing through the moon and the lamppost above them lightening them as they were eating their dinner that they hadn't the time to eat, because of another mission earlier. It's not because they had their differences that they couldn't complete properly the missions they've been assigned to for the past four weeks. Misaki slightly shivered at the colder breeze going through the air now that the sun wasn't here to warm them up. She took the last bite out of her meal, the attempt to bring something similar to warmth by eating failing as she still could feel the cold air going through the textiles of her midnight blue uniform. She boredly stared at the sky, looking at the moon, the natural satellite taking all of her attention.