07

Months had passed since the mission that created the bridge for the two young sorcerers, Leoni and Misaki. They had initiated not so long after their second semester at the Tokyo Metropolitan Technical college, the month of October already beginning after seven months or so of school. The weather slowly becoming colder during the day, when the sun would shine over Japan, and the nights also becoming colder. Leoni was rather gloomy at the change of weather, liking more the hot weather of the summer that had now ended a week or so ago. Misaki tried her best to lift up his sad mood with encouragement and reassuring words, the speech working ever so slightly as the first year realized that she wasn't totally wrong. But that didn't mean that he would be welcoming warmly the upcoming winter in December.

As of right now, the young duo of sorcerers could be found in the basement of Leoni's house, Misaki trying her best as always to help the first year to control his cursed energy in which he had so much difficulty taking control of. The boy lay on the cold floor of his basement, trying to take his breath back as the training was draining him like nothing else. Misaki on the side passed him a dry towel, which he gladly took with a tired grip onto the fabric with a mumbled 'Thank you'. He wiped slowly the sweat off his face, his tiredness almost taking the better of him every time he would blink. More the minute would pass and more would the floor become dangerously comfortable, the floor quickly becoming something he would try to avoid, but at some point, it only became impossible to not let his back rest on the hard and cold floor of the basement. The dimly lit room didn't help. Everything seemed perfect to rest and fall asleep, but he knew that he must not.

"Why don't you take a break?" Inquired the third year as she helped her junior up to make him sit down on the floor instead of laying on said floor. Leoni stubbornly shook his head from right to left, his determination to keep up on his training bringing some energy into his body that he didn't know he still had.

"No, let's continue." Stated the first year as he wiped his face with his hands, washing away as much tiredness he could as he crossed his legs together, taking back the stance his friend had asked him to take, saying it would be easier to concentrate and focus on his energy this way. But even so, he was barely able to control his cursed energy.

Misaki sighed in defeat and sat down in front of her junior, joining him in his meditation. She relaxed her limbs and took a deep breath before holding her breath for a few seconds to release the air by her nose, her facial expression shifting into a calm and relaxed one as she closed her eyes, trying to concentrate as much as she could on her energy. But before she could fully reach her concentrated state, the voice of a familiar teacher broke the two students out of their meditation.

"I see that you two are working hard!" The cheerful voice of Gojo made Leoni and Misaki turn their neck towards the end of the staircase of the basement, their eyes catching the form of the grade S white-haired sorcerer who was also seen in civilian clothes, the uniform the jujutsu sorcerers had to wear nowhere to be seen, same goes for his blindfold that was now replaced with a pair of black rectangular shades up the bridge of his nose, hiding his powerful eyes from everyone.

"Always!" Answered Leoni, voice full of determination as he eyed his teacher put his dark gray jacket somewhere in the basement as he joined the two young sorcerers on the floor, his legs also folded on themselves like the two other students who had their eyes on him. Gojo glanced at Misaki and began to speak.

"Can I talk to him for a bit?" The third year immediately nodded, not questioning the request of their teacher as she went up the stairs of the basement to leave the two men alone. Gojo put his eyes back on Leoni, the teen looking at him in wonder and questioning.

"I got some news!" Was the first thing he said as he moved slightly so he could take the previous place that Misaki occupied a few moments earlier, facing Leoni with only a few inches in between their knees that were being supported by their feet. The first year titled his head in wonder as Gojo continued.