10

"Are you serious?"

"This is really serious! I'm telling you, I have a bad feeling about this mission!" Answered the third year as she had her phone seemingly glued to her right ear as she spoke to Gojo through her phone with a little bit of panic clear in her tone. When she realized that she had been separated from her junior, the first thing she did was to search for her phone, pray that she will have even a little bit of signal, sighing in reassurance seeing that she had in fact a little bit of signal. She dialed the number of someone she knew she could trust for this kind of thing: Satoru Gojo, as surprising as it sounded. She trusted him with her life, not because he was the strongest or for some ridiculous reasons, but more because he was such a good teacher with who she shared the same ideal about the jujutsu world. He was more than a teacher, he was a dear friend.

"What happened again?"  Asked the older sorcerer, not totally getting the situation Misaki was in as she spoke as fast as a Formula 1, only getting a few words of what she quickly stammered through the phone. It wasn't usual for her to call in such a hurry on a mission. The last time she acted that way, she almost died in her mission. Gojo had fortunately arrived just on time that day.

"Me and Leoni were walking and then the next second, I can't see him anymore!" She tried to explain from the best of her capacity, panic building up in her body as the bad feeling she had only kept on growing more by the second, all of this weight crushing her stomach uncomfortably and the itchy feeling at the end of her throat was in the way of the air passing by her nose and mouth, making it slightly difficult to breathe. It was the first time in her life that she felt this broad feeling of death. She could almost feel the breath of the grim reaper on her neck as it hugged her like an old friend with its arms, the sharp scythe in its hands grazing her neck dangerously.

Nothing had happened and yet, she knew that the moment her and Leoni had entered the mansion, the both of them would die in it, joining the souls of the others that has been killed in this cursed house coming straight out of a horror movie.

"Where is this mansion?"   Misaki sighed in relief as she was now assured that Gojo would come soon enough, to help them with this calamity of a mission they have been given. She leaned against a wall of the thin hallways, breathing out of relief before answering her teacher.

"The mansion is-" She let out a gasp of shock as she couldn't feel the hard surface of the wall on her back. She turned her head over her shoulder, only for her eyes to be met with a void of nothing. She screamed in horror at the sight, trying not to fall into the pit of darkness by gripping the wooden floor, only for her hand to slip, her fingertip burning from the wood sliding harshly under her fingers. She fell into nothingness as the only thing that she could hear was her teacher shouting her name in concern from her cellphone, his voice fading into a whisper until she couldn't hear him anymore, the only thing grazing her ears being the sound of the wind passing by her ears, the sound so loud that she couldn't even hear her thoughts anymore.

She never should have stepped a foot inside that mansion.

______________________________

He couldn't believe that in the blink of an eye, Misaki had the time to disappear from his sight, not even knowing how she disappeared or how she managed to get away from his eye range when there were no windows or doors. They were almost squished in between the two walls making the hallways they were walking in for long minutes, hopping to see a door leading to a room where they could move freely or a window that could be opened so they could breathe some fresh air instead of the dusty atmosphere in the house. The house, even if it hadn't kept its original form, still had all the traits of an ancient house. The smell, the look, the vibe, the history that the structure was hiding,...