08

Leoni couldn't help himself but to let his eyes stare in front of him, his narrowed blue eyes looking at the entry of a forest not so far from himself and his teacher who seemed to not be bothered by the heavy feeling of cursed energy floating in the air, the source of said energy coming from a curse they had yet seen. The woods at this late hour of the night were menacing, the leaves and branches from the trees blocking as much light as possible from the moon when it was high in the sky as if the greenery in the dense forest was purposely laying their limbs in this detailed way to block the light, the nature wanting to scare away the ones that would dare enter inside the trail of trees and bushes at an hour like that. Only the first lines of trees were visible, the rest seeming to be an endless void of darkness that would swallow anyone in only a matter of short seconds, the screams of said normal being muffled by the thick forest as they would witness their life flashing before their eyes before dying into the hands of the nature that had tried to warn the intruder to not come in at the depend of their life.

Ads much as Leoni tried to erase this thought from his mind, three people had died in that forest from the curse that had seemingly marked its territory. It wasn't any normal curse as it was, from the start, a mission reserved for Gojo only. But his teacher had decided to bring him along, not sure why he was here in the first place. He was only a grade three sorcerer who could barely control his energy. Watching the whole map from where Leoni stood in the jujutsu hierarchy, he was at the complete bottom of the pyramid, making him some kind of livestock ready to sacrifice if needed. And yet, Gojo, who was almost at the very top of the pyramid, his teacher, even if he was the strongest, couldn't know or control anything from the real backstages of the jujutsu society, but Gojo had plans to change that, he had decided to bring him along in a mission that could possibly involve a special grade curse, the probability of this outcome pinching uncomfortably his guts. He had in the past gone against something rather close to a grade S in the past, but it still was something far from being a real grade S. Grade one and grade S curses were far more different than someone may think of.

He sure hope nothing too big would happen this night, but deep down, he knew something had to happen, whether he liked it or not. For the best or for the worst, something rather unexpected would make its entrance.

Only the future knew the outcome of this night, unfortunately.

"What grade do you think the curse is in there?" Asked Gojo as he also looked over the entrance of the forest, though he wasn't worried at all, compared to his student who was on guard since they had arrived at the destination. His signature smile was on his lips along with the clean white bandages on his eyes as a blindfold, his short white hair being held up high by said blindfold.

"Grade S. If it's not, it's close enough to being one..." Mumbled Leoni, a slight shiver passing over his nape, worries, and fears going through his body at the simple thought of a grade S inside the forest. He obviously still wasn't ready to go against a curse of this level, but Gojo seemed to disagree with this idea, for some reasons that he couldn't find or understand.

"You're right!" Cheered Gojo, his affirmation not helping the teen next to him who was now sure that he would soon meet his end.

"Why am I here, then? It's obvious that I can't exorcise grade S!" Yelled the first year in frustration, still not understanding his presence here. He was sure Gojo could easily get rid of it all by himself, so why was he here, standing like a scarecrow, except the scarecrow didn't scare away any birds or little kids.

Gojo only hummed as he walked into the forest, Leoni being hesitant to follow, but ended up walking behind his teacher, his right hand tightly holding the hilt of his sword, his eyes looking around everywhere around him and his ears focused on his surroundings, making sure that there was nothing in front, next to, or even behind them while they made their way deeper into the darkness of the woods.