v. umbridge the troll

𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍. For the first time in over two years, it had decided to pay her a visit. 

She was standing at the edge of a pit, the ground angled dangerously towards it. Gravel caught in her Converse, pebbles slipping down and into the pit. Gripping the wall, Raya tried to maintain her dignity. She had a feeling she didn't want to fall in that pit... even if it was only a dream.

"We meet again," Kronos laughed cruelly. "I told you that I could give you power, give you glory... but you refused."

"I'm not interested in turning everyone into your slaves," Raya scowled.

The vision he'd shown her years ago — of how Camp would look — came to mind. Monsters lurking in the corners, Campers afraid to look each other in the eye, and Kronos the ruler of it all.

"See, that's your problem," the voice of Kronos sneered. "You don't choose to listen to what I say. You choose to stick to one idea, the idea that everyone's going to be a slave, instead of focusing on what you'll have."

"And what's that?" Raya asked.

"The chance to get back at the Gods," he said. "Luke recognized that the Gods don't deserve the position they have. It only took a failed quest and a broken relationship for him to turn to me. I haven't even visited him as often as I have you. I should thank you, however, for delivering my greatest asset right to me."

Raya's blood chilled.

Kronos chuckled darkly, "Ah yes. I've been trying to get him to join since that failure of a quest you two had. I could feel his resistance breaking every time I visited him. One of the only things keeping him away was his thoughts of you. He didn't know how you were going to react, and he was terrified of disappointing you."

Kronos' laughter echoed in Raya's ears. If she hadn't broken up with Luke, he might've still been against Kronos instead of with him.

 "You should've seen how fast he came to me once you crushed his little heart," he continued. "I didn't come to him for the first few nights, but slowly afterwards. He was ready to do anything for me. And now, it's your turn to join me."

Raya shook her head, gripping the wall tighter to steady herself. Blood ran down her palm.

"I won't," she whispered. "I'm not going to join you. Not ever."

She was going to be stronger than Luke. She had to be.

"And you'd rather side with the Gods?" Kronos sneered. "They've done nothing for you. Has your father tried to get back to you about your failed quest? Has he ever deigned to give you a second glance? The Gods are the same. They're corrupted, and so is the West. It's time to take it down, to start anew. You could lead, right next to me."

A phantom touch trailed down Raya's face. She shivered, swatting the invisible hand away.

"I don't want to," she scowled. "You're no better than the Gods. They may not give a crap about us, always sending us to fight their battles, but it's not like you're much better. You're only using us to restore your own power. Now, leave me alone."

"As you wish," Kronos laughed mockingly. "But you'll be calling me to return, I know it. Before I go, I'd like to bestow one more thing to you."

"I don't want it."

"It's only a bit of knowledge." Kronos was silent for a bit, before he whispered, "The memories I showed you, the ones that called to you all that time ago... they belong to your father, Regulus Black."