Chapter 1 Falling

I'm under my bed holding my breath and waiting for my mother to come in and see if I was in my room, usually she isn't the type who would harm her own child, but this time is different, she isn't herself, she's a totally another person, she wasn't my mom, all I now, that I have to wait and don't make a sound, I would make her angrier.

"Mija, where are you? Are you there?" I hear my mom opening the door, I can't make a sound, I cannot be found. I hear her get closer to me, I have to hold myself, I can't- I can't- I can't be found...

"Mija, por favor, mami sólo quiere un abrazo" she said softly, but I know it wasn't true, I have to wait, I will close my eyes and wait, I don't move, I have to stay still, nothing will happen to me. Mom's moving again, this time the sound was drifting away. I sighed in relief, I waited some time, and then I got out of my hiding. It's the biggest mistake of my life. My mom is there at the door waiting for me. She took me from my arm with one hand, and with the other one, she slapped me in the face so strongly that it made me dizzy. My cheek hurt so much, mom didn't go easy on me, she really did her best to hurt me, after she hit me that much, she took me to the forest, it was dark, I'm scared, I'm so scared, I can't feel my body anymore, it's all so dark, so blurred, please mom, stop...it hurts so much, I want to cry, but I'm so tired, maybe I could close my eyes for a bit, I feel so exhausted and sleepy, I'll take a nap for now...