Chapter 5 The youngest guard

After that outing with Lilith passed a couple of days, she and I started to be closer to each other even though the situation we left on was still unsolved, and every time that I want to bring up what we talking about the last time Lilith avoid the subject each times, and I give up at trying, but now the emperor ordered her to be my teacher for the time being to give some base knowledge of this world. So now I have to do some homework for her, but I don't mind, her lessons are easy to understand and when I get distracted she doesn't get mad at me, but she tries to get my attention back on her and repeat herself.

I'm holding right now my notebook and a pen in my hands running to find my teacher to ask again about the sigils and how it works all this complicated coven system.

It passed about thirty minutes and still no sign of the raven witch. So I decided to just ask Steve, from what I could see in does past few days, he is one of Lilith's friends. So I run toward the garden of the castle knowing that at this time of the day is not on turn to guard. It didn't take long for arriving in front of the door that leads toward the large garden. I finally found him, he was in his break time sitting on a bench with a book in hand. I hate the idea of disturbing him when he is so relaxed. So I decide to walk away as quietly as I could.

"Hey, kid!" It seems I wasn't so stealthy. "Do you need anything?" He asked me with a gentle smile on his face. I turn around to face him.

"Do you know where Lilith is?" He seemed surprised by the question, he stares at me before opening his mouth.

"She didn't tell you that she was going to her pupil today?"

Huh? Pupil?

"Does Lilith have a student? She never told me about it" I was surprised to learn that Lilith teaches someone other than me, who knows if I will meet them someday, maybe we can be friends.

"Maybe she forgot, but anyway she won't be back until tonight, and she usually comes back pretty late, so don't stay up waiting, okay?" I nodded, I couldn't argue with him, not when he does it for my sake. I said goodbye to him and went back to wandering around the castle, meanwhile, I don't have much to do and I'm not allowed to go out without my teacher.

I heard footsteps, it isn't strange that someone was walking around these parts, well it's a hallway so of course there would be people walking around these areas, but it was weird this one, it was light footsteps and it sounds like it's running, the sound is getting closer and closer before I could do anything someone falls on me, I let out a groan in pain from the hard impact to the ground, the person on top of me moved off enough for me to sit up and massaged my lower back, I looked toward the person and see who it was, it was that young guard from last time, he stood up quickly and stepped back slowly, he appeared to be in panic.

Before I could open my mouth to ask if he was ok he ran away leaving me far too confused, every time I meet him he always leaves me with a lot of questions, who knows if I can ever talk to him?

♠️♠️♠️

I'm in front of the entrance to the castle, I'm waiting for Lilith along with some guards to come out of the throne room, she was talking to the emperor about our trip outside. Yes, we were going out again! But I have to get escorted by some guards because we have to go to a dangerous place, from what I understand, five guards will accompany us, and I found out that Steve is not one of them, too bad. Currently, there are only four guards, who knows where the fifth is?

The door opened wide letting Lilith and another person out, when they got close enough I realized who it was- that young guard? I wonder why he is with Lilith.

"Are you ready to go out?" Lilith asked me, I nodded and then brought my attention to that guard still behind her, she noticed that and said they were the missing fifth guard. and I admit that I was a bit surprised by it, but I don't know why, I don't need any motivation for it. We moved toward a snowy mountain, Lilith introduces it to me as 'the knee' apparently a very dangerous place for the creatures that live there, for this, we have guards to accompany us, but a very powerful place itself because the magic become more powerful here.