Chapter 4

It has been a couple of days since I first woke up in that world, I was bedridden the whole time, and finally, after four days I was given the go-ahead to move freely. During that time of confinement, I thought about the emperor's proposal, I still haven't given an answer and I really don't know what I want to do. The emperor continued to visit me whenever he had the chance, including Lilith and even Steve, Eda could not see me, because it could create misunderstanding from what Lilith stated, although I don't understand what she means.

It is lunchtime, and early this morning the emperor invited me to eat with him, I accepted without too many questions and I'm now in my so-called room getting settled. As soon as I finished dressing in one of the suits the emperor gave me, Steve came to pick me up, we walked down the long corridor full of other guards keeping watch, after a few minutes of walking we stopped in front of a huge door which was opened by the guards outside, but not before alerting those inside to my presence.

When the door was fully open, I entered the room, in front of me stood Belos seated at the head of the table, I greeted him and waited upright for him to say something.

"Why are you standing there? Come and sit down," he said pointing to the seat next to him. I walked over to him and sat down. The first course arrived and he gave me permission to eat. There were so many things to eat, I pick the first thing I see, it looked like normal eggs. It was delicious!

"Now that you are out of bed, what are you going to do?" he spoke. I didn't really think about it.

"Maybe I'll have a look around, if I want to give you a precise answer I also have to see how I fit outside" I replied calmly, he nodded in understanding. We ended in peaceful silence. That didn't last long.

"Then I assign Lilith to keep you company and inform you of this world" I nod in agreement.

"Then it's decided, after lunch you go and get ready, I'll inform Lilith about this"

After that talk in the dining room, I hurried along the hallway to get to my room to be settled. In the hallway I saw a young guard, from his height he looked like someone a little older than me, I did not bother to ask any questions and continued on my way.

I went into the room and took out a backpack that was given to me by Lilith the day after I woke up. I put a notebook and a small case with some pens in it. I'm thankful that I was given all this stuff.

Tok tok

It's probably Lilith, I put my backpack on my shoulder and went to open the door, and as I expected I saw the witch with raven hair and a serious look on her face, she greeted me and I greeted her back as well. We walked down the corridor again to the exit. I am so excited, I will finally see this world! It's hard to hold back my enthusiasm, but I cannot have been too eager.

We were close to the exit and there I saw again that young guard again, he was staring at me. I wonder what they want from me.

We are finally outside the castle. Lilith said that I had to put a pendant with an illusion stone to hide my ears under the order of the emperor. The thought of that guard kept nagging me, but I have to concentrate now!

"Ready to learn?" I nod as reply "Good"

"I tell you the story of the boiling islands, this name comes from the boiling waters surrounding the fallen body of a titan-"

"What is a titan?" I curiously asked, Lilith seemed pleased with by question.

"It's a majestic creature, possessing great powers and intelligence, its blood can distort the reality of the world, just as it can create it, it can also destroy it" She answered. And she keeps explaining.

"At first the world was in chaos, without order and rules, controlled by wild magic, but one day the emperor appeared as the titan's messenger, he brought order to this world by dividing magic with sigils." As Lilith says that she shows me her sigil. I listened carefully, and a lot of questions ran through my head.

"What are the seals for? And what happens if you don't have it?"

"The sigils are used to keep magic under control. You see, what our world was before the arrival of the emperor was a situation of unrestricted utilization of magic and little self-control."

"So if someone doesn't own it, that means they would be left defenseless, besides that what would happen?"

"In that case, you would be against the emperor's system and would be arrested" she answered me casually.

"But that's not fair! it's a part of you" Lilith didn't seem very happy with what I said, and even though she seemed to want to say something, she started walking faster to avoid answering.