Chapter 6

The little girl looked at her father as the man photographed the playground.... "Dad, why do you always carry your camera with you?"

The man seemed surprised by the question. "Because..." He interrupted himself. He thought about it. The little girl waited patiently for his answer while her curious eyes fixed on the man. Those eyes did not help him at all to understand how he might express himself. A few seconds passed, what seemed like hours for the father. He looked up straight at himself. In front of him he saw a lady enjoying the day while playing with her dog. Then. Some children trying to chase away pigeons, and the latter flew up in fright, they flew to the other side of the park. Finally he continued to speak.

"I don't know how to put it into words." Admitted the man.

"...It's like looking at the world differently through the viewfinder. With more detail. With more attention. I can really see what the world around us is like."

The little girl looked intently at her father. She could see a sparkle in the man's eyes. A light that shined brighter than the stars themselves in the night sky.

"I don't understand." Admitted the little girl.

The man lowered his gaze to his daughter "You will understand when the time comes," said the father, understanding that it was still too early for his daughter to understand these words of his.

"Manny! Luz! It's time to go home!" yelled the woman at the park gate.

"We're coming!" replied Manny to the woman.

Manny looked toward Luz. "Let's go before your mother gets mad at us," he said in a warm, kind voice. A smile plastered on his face. Eyes that can relax anyone. Strong, but not threatening. Kind, but not naive. Charismatic, but not arrogant. This was Manuel Noceda. A man loved by many and hated by few. This was my father.

♠️♠️♠️

The first light of the sunrise woke me up, brightening my face. I sat up in bed and rubbed my eyes to take away the drowsiness. I touched my cheeks and felt that they were wet. I had been crying. Maybe... maybe it was because of the dream I had had. It felt so real. It felt like I was back home. It felt like everything was back to the way it was before....

tok tok

Someone knocked on my door. Probably Kikimora. "Miss Luz. It's time to prepare for breakfast" Exactly. It was Kiki's voice. Since I became the emperor's daughter, Kiki became my babysitter. Everyone says she is annoying, and I admit she is a little. But she's not that bad... kind of.

Kiki opened the door without waiting for my response. "Princess, you don't want to be late. The emperor is waiting for her with anticipation."

I got out of bed in the meantime Kiki went to my private bathroom to prepare the bathtub. I arranged the bed and Kiki went to my closet to choose an outfit. I looked at her with a confused look. She usually leaves right after getting my tub ready to notify my father that I would be arriving shortly.

Kiki pulled out a dress. The top part is a long-sleeved white blouse, at the bottom part that is a long skirt that goes from the waist to the knees in a golden yellow color, a white belt for the skirt. Kikimora also pulled out a ribbon of the same golden yellow color as the skirt. This dress looked to me like something straight out of a Disney movie.

"This ribbon you have to put it in the collar. I will help you tie it." She informed me.

"What is the reason for such formal dresses?" I asked. Kiki did not answer me right away.

"I am not in a position to tell you certain details. I can only tell you that your majesty wanted you, princess, to dress smartly." I nodded in understanding. I asked no further questions.