Chapter 2

I feel weak and tired, I don't want to wake up ever again, I just want to sleep. It hurts. I feel like my body is on fire. It hurts. I feel so hot. Please... someone- someone help me. "H-Help" I tried to say, my thoughts hurt so much, I'm so thirsty. I want to hold onto something. I'll try to move my arm. It's so hard, I have to do more. I can do it. I sense someone grabbed my hand, it's warm. I don't know, but I feel at ease. I want to see the person who is holding me, but I'm feeling sleepy again. Maybe they will be here with me when I wake up, I really hope so.

Noisy... It's so noisy. Someone make it stop.  Please.

I try to open my eyes and I am blinded by the light, it takes me a while to adjust to the brightness, and when I am finally about to see vividly, I try to sit up, it was difficult to move, but not impossible, I just had to give myself time, I look around, I wasn't in the hospital, but in what looked like a fancy room, a place where I wouldn't be, and there was no one with me.

Let's try to stand up. I immediately fall to the ground creating a big sound, and three people entered the room quickly, they seemed somewhat worried, they were dressed pretty weirdly. I took a good look at them, two women, one with raven hair and black dress, and the other one with gray wild hair and a red dress, both with pale skin, and there is a masked man, with a strong and dangerous aura around him, he's scary.

"Hey kid, calm down, you're still weak, you have to rest a little bit more" the gray-haired woman told me, she approached me slowly, leaned over to help me up and laid me back on the bed, I didn't thank her, I just stayed quiet. it's odd that I didn't feel uneasy when she touched me, indeed her warmth is familiar.

"Hey kid, my name is Eda, that girl over there is my sister Lilith" she whispered to me quietly, maybe she didn't want to scare me... "And that old scary man with the mask is the emperor of this land" she added, I looked toward the other two, the Raven-haired woman seemed irritated, did I do something wrong?

"Edalyn! You know you shouldn't talk so rudely toward the emperor!" Lilith insisted Eda was just making fun of her.

"You two stop it right now!" the emperor ordered with a dark tone, it make me tremble in fear, it seemed that Eda noticed my reaction.

"Hey masked-man, first of all, I don't take orders from anyone, especially not from someone like you, and second try not to seem so scary to an injured kid!" Eda hissed at him, but he didn't say anything, he just stood there, like he didn't know how to respond, instead, her sister started an argument with Eda again. It take some time after they calmed down and regained their composure, they looked at each other and then shifted their gaze toward me in earnest.

"Can you tell us your name? We don't want to hurt you, we just want to understand what happened to you" Eda whispered, I tried to say my name, but my thought was so dry that I coughed instead, they quickly realized what I needed, Belos ordered a guard to bring me some water quickly, I still tried to say my name, it was pretty difficult.

"L- Luz" I whispered loud enough for Eda to hear since she was the closest to me, she nodded and told at the others. The guard with the glass of water finally arrived, and the scary man take the glass from the guard and come to me, I wasn't comfortable with him, and he notices it, so he give the glass to Eda who held it for me. Finally, I could hydrate myself. It felt good to have something to drink after what happened that night.

"All right Luz, I wanted to ask you, why were you in the forest all beaten up?" she asked me with a calm tone and eyes that can clearly tell she was worried. I started telling them what happened to me and they stood there listening to me. I really hope I'm doing the right thing.

After I told what happened there was silence, one of those awkward ones for me. I didn't know what to do. I looked at them, they seemed so immersed in their own thoughts. Lilith was the first to come out and look my way.

"How old are you?" She asked me with a heartbroken face, I know she didn't want to know the answer, not after what I told them, I saw the others looking up at me for an answer.

"Seven" I didn't say anything else.

Let's hope for now