°●•◇•●° Chapter 20: The Debt °●•◇•●°

After that day, Yukiko went on 8 special rank missions and finally got the sum to cover the debt.
Yukiko lied in her bed, unable to move. Negative thoughts plagued her mind. She made herself a promise: She wasn't going to die before her children became independent and she was going to save up as much as she can for her children to live comfortably, without any worries for the rest of their lives.
Toji came in late that day, covered in blood as always. The kids were already used to the smell. Both of their parents had dangerous jobs and were frequently injured as well, so they understood the situation fully. Although they were kids, both of them inherited the intelligence of their parents.
"Okaa-san, can you play with us?" Little Megumi asked, holding his fluffy toy puppy in his hands, looking up at his mother's almost lifeless figure.
"Play with Tsumiki, Megumi. Okaa-san is tired." She said, opening her eyes and looking up at the ceiling again. Her mind filled with worries.
"But Onee-san is doing her homework." He looked down at his small feet.
"Then ask, Oto-san." She was tired of arguing with her child.
"Oto-san told me to ask you." He looked hopeful one more time, almost pleading his mother.
However, she didn't spare him a glance and told him to play by himself then.
Little Megumi was let down once again.

"Thank you, Fushiguro-san, now I will get out of your hair." The old man gave the younger woman a smile.
"No, I have to thank you for extending the time. Now we just have to pay off the mortgage only, all thanks to you." She gave him a deep bow and a small gift box, filled with chocolates. They weren't expensive, but that was basic etiquette she learned from her Clan members. Thanks to her upbringing, she was good at communicating with people she needed.
"Thank you, no need for such thing. You were an amazing tenant. Never missing a day of paying rent, never broke or damaged any furniture and kept the place clean all this time. I just wish you and your husband everything the best. Pay me a visit or two sometime in the future with your kids." The landlord praised the woman, looking up at her, due to her tall figure.
"Thank you, Nishimura-san." She looked at him with a small smile of her own and finally bid him farewell.
Now, she just had to pay off the mortgage.

"Toji-kun, I transferred the rest of the money to the landlord. Now we just have the mortgage to pay off!" She happily hugged her husband, tired beyond what she actually thought.
"We still need to pay off that 49 million yen. So, if we divide it on two again, 24,500,000 yen for the two of us, I would need approximately 20 high-special rank missions or about 30 low-special rank missions. Or about 50, 1st grade missions." She started mumbling into Toji's chest.
"Missions, missions, missions. Rest already, Yuki-chan. We already paid off the most important debt to the landlord." He said and hugged her tighter, falling onto the bedsheets.
"Stop worrying so much about the debt." He said, making the woman feel secure.
"Toji-kun." She called his name gently.
"Yeah, Yuki-chan?"
"Remember when I told you about why I keep my hair long?" She asked, earning a nod from the man.
"You said that you will only cut it if you found someone stronger than you." He chuckled at the thought.
"I should have cut it off right when I first met you." She said, looking at her long, white hair. "Do you want to spar tomorrow?" She finally muttered.
"Thought you'd never ask." Yukiko felt him smirk.
"Then tomorrow it is." She asked him to promise her to fight her fair and square.
"Just admit that you want to cut your hair and spend some time with me." He teased her, making her bright red once again.
"I want to cut my hair and spend a good time with you, my husband." She said, burying her own face into his chest.
"Should've just said so in the first place. No need to go beating around the Bush with me. You can always tell me anything, darling." He said and both of them fell asleep without worried for the first time in months.

"I acannot even keep up with your speed! How did you hide it!" She kept a layer of infinity on herself, quickly draining her of her stamina dm cursed energy.
"God damn it, Toji-kun! Come and attack me faster!" She complained, a little scared that she would run out of cursed energy before he even strikes.
"So impatient." He appeared out of her left side, not giving her enough time to react, but not being able to injure her due to the layer of infinity separating both of them.
She took her own katana and swung at him multiple times, however, he dodged every single time.
"Did I get rusty or you were always like this?" She asked, curious about his potential.
"I was always like this, darling." He countered her katana with his own.
"So basically, the moment you actually met me, you could have killed me, but spared me? Why though?" She strikes again, fully immersed in their conversation, already sensing her defeat.
"Because you intrigued me." He answered truthfully.
"How?"
"Your demeanor. Usually women tend to either shrink in fear or look down on me. You on the other hand were so pissed off at my actions. In a way, you treated me like you woukd any other person, who would have done the same." He tried striking her once again, but infinity was still on.
"So, if I would have been scared or anything like that, you would have killed me?"
"No, I wouldn't have spared a thought on you then." He blocked her katana once more.
"To be honest, you gave off a very scary aura. I was a bit scared back then, but tried not showing it. Does that mean that your interest in me is over now?"
"No. Thanks to me not noticing it, I am now married to my first real friend, right now." He said and finally made the woman drop her weapon, by twisting his katana in a certain way.
"I am out of my cursed energy. You won." She admitted her defeat.
"Now, give me the honor of cutting your hair, darling." Toji came closer to her, but she didn't budge.
He his left hand found itself behind her, holding her hair, while the other held the sharp katana.
In a single swing, he cut it all. Then the white hair, resembling snow somewhat, fell onto the green grass.
"I have to go to a hair salon now to fix your crooked cut." She rolled her eyes at him.
"It suits your personality." Toji made a passing by comment, as he went to pick up her katana as well
"Are you implying that I have a crooked personality?!" She shouted and run at him full speed.
He instantly disappeared.
"Come here, you little shit, don't hide!" She walked through the forest, trying to find her husband and beat him up.

A/N: Leave votes and comments ples♡