ғᴏᴜʀ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ

"Look at you! You're so sweet!", a woman with bright blue hair said to Mary

"Look at you! You're so sweet!", a woman with bright blue hair said to Mary. The two other people who were standing behind her were laughing happily along with her. Mary had found out that the woman with blue hair was called Aqua. Her parents called her that because of her bright blue hair and bright blue eyes. Then there was Calla. Calla had white hair with purple streaks. And lastly, there was Fletcher, who had a very long beard and silver hair. They had all been really nice to Mary, yet they were still from the Capitol.

 "You'll look wonderful when Arthur gives you your outfit." The three had been fancying Arthur, who was supposed to be Mary's stylist, for quite some time. Mary heard footsteps from outside that made Aqua jump. She smiled brightly at Mary again. "That must be Arthur, bye!" Aqua and the others waved at her again and walked through the door, where it appeared Arthur had just walked in. 

He was muscular and looked no older than Finnick. He smiled brightly at her, too brightly. He walked up to her and knelt in front of the cot where Mary was sitting. "I am Arthur. You're Mary, aren't you?" Mary nodded and smiled slightly, out of politeness. "I'll be your stylist this year." 

There was something warm about him. Something that reminded you of home, but also reminded you where you were.

"Will I be wearing a fishnet?" she asked softly so that he wouldn't get mad. When Mikael mentioned it earlier, she was afraid of it. It was in front of a big audience, and she was only 13. She didn't want to be 'naked' in front of them.

"Not quite. I thought we'd have someone older this year, so I did it differently. If I had known it would be someone so young, I would have been more careful." He got up and walked to the table that was in the room. "I would have changed it if I had more time. But it will suit you. You look older than you are, so maybe it won't be so bad." He muttered the last part softly to himself, however, Mary could hear everything. She had gotten a little bit scared. What would she wear now? Arthur saw the expression on her face and quickly calmed her down. He looked at plans that looked like they were for dresses. He rubbed his chin and drew something with a pen. "Don't worry. I have an idea of how to make it better. We still have two or three hours, that will be enough."

While Mary was worrying about her dress, Arthur disappeared for a moment and came back with a bowl of noodles. He handed it to Mary and gave her a quick nod. "For you. It's been a long time since you've probably eaten anything."

Mary smiled at him gratefully and ate the noodles. Meanwhile, Arthur went out and came back with a piece of fabric. He looked at her again and squinted his eyes as if imagining something. A smile snuck onto his lips and the sparkle in his eyes grew. He turned to the table and started cutting out something Mary had no idea about.

But just watching him work, she knew that he knew what he was doing and it would look brilliant.

------

It was beautiful.

It was perhaps... revealing, but gorgeous. It just fits District 4. It was District 4.

The pearls, starfish, and shells matched the beach of District 4 and the colors reminded Mary of the water. The cape on her shoulders, hid her bare shoulders, making her feel a little safer.

The crown was made of different shells added to the outfit and made Mary look like a female Poseidon. Literally a goddess. 

Arthur wondered if Mary was a goddess after all and perhaps was simply here to protect them.

"You look fabulous in my dress, darling." Arthur's eyes shone and tears formed in them. He sniffled as he straightened Mary's cape. "You look like a goddess." Mary laughed and wiped away his tears.

"Why are you crying?" Arthur waved his hand around and looked away in shame.

"You're the first person I've ever gotten to do a real outfit on. Before, it was always just gross fishnets. This year I wanted something awesome, and you're just the perfect girl for the outfit."

Mary's face softened, and her eyes showed sympathy. "Oh, Arthur." She hugged him as he wept slightly on her shoulder. "You're the best designer," Arthur mumbled something between his sniffles, but Mary didn't understand. After a few minutes, Arthur got back up and broke away from the hug. He looked at his watch and his eyes widened.

"Shit. You were supposed to be out by the carriage three minutes ago." He quickly put his things away and led Mary to the door. "Good luck, darling. You're going to look stunning." He waved another small kiss at her as he shooed Mary out of the room and closed the door again. 

She blinked once in surprise, looked up, and was surprised to see Mikael in a white and blue suit. He smiled slightly at her and held out his hand. "Shall we go to our car, Madame?" he played, bowing once. 

Mary laughed and accepted the hand gratefully. "Certainly, Monsieur." The two set off, emptiness preparing in Mary's mind.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look?"

"No, but my designer told me." Mikael let out a laugh.

"Then I have to agree with your designer, you look beautiful."