ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

"Are you drunk?" asked Mary

"Are you drunk?" asked Mary. She looked at the man in front of her, who already had another glass of alcohol in his hand.

"Me? Drunk? Never... Maybe." Mary laughed and continued eating her fruit salad. Fruit salads were a daily breakfast for Mary at the farm and just because the Capitol gave her food now, like bread with meat/cheese/... or cereal, she would not change her eating habits.

The train was now about two, or three hours away from the Capitol and would soon reach District 1.

Last night, Mary almost hadn't slept. Maybe two or three hours, but no more than that, which was noticeable. The circles under her eyes, which were usually tiny, were dark, and her behavior also showed that she was tired.

"Didn't sleep well?" a voice snapped her out of her head. She looked up to face Finnick Odair. He looked... well. She knew he had only slept as much as she had because she kept hearing voices coming from his room. For having slept so little, though, he didn't look tired. 

She shook her head and replied, "It's more because I haven't had any sleep at all." 

Finnick did not look happy about this. He sat down and poured some juice into his glass. "Didn't I tell you yesterday to go to sleep?"

"Aren't you supposed to get sleep as our mentor too to teach us stuff," Mary snapped back unconsciously and immediately regretted it. Meanwhile, he blushed and sat up straighter than before.

"Touché." He put the glass to his lips with a slight smile and took a sip. "But still, Maya, right?" 

Mary shook her head. "Mary. It's Mary." 

Finnick just winked at her and kept talking. "Now, Marie, you need to sleep, okay? You want to win, don't you?" Finnick ignored her real name, which annoyed Mary. 

"Why would I want to win?" Mary became suspicious. Why did he think she wanted to win? What positive things would there be besides being a 'winner' and being back with their family?