Part Three: Revelations and Revenge

Enid's last words barely registered. The phone fell out of my hand and my blood ran cold. Tyler caught his phone and I could hear him talking to Enid. He hung up, put his phone in his pocket and grabbed my hand, dragging me outside and putting me in the passenger seat of his car.

Nevermore - Beekeeping Clubhouse - Night

He was definitely speeding as we made our way through the gates of Nevermore. We stopped outside the Beekeeping Clubhouse and rushed inside. Enid was already there, her hands covered in blood and face pale as a ghost. Ajax was next to her trying, holding her shoulders to stop her from shaking. I leaned down next to Thing, his unmoving hand laid out on a cloth also covered in blood. My eyes watered and threatened to spill tears. Uncle Fester was next to Thing attempting to revive him, but with no luck.

"I'm sorry Wednesday. He's gone." I couldn't believe it. I wouldn't. He wasn't gone. He can't be. I pulled the cloth towards me and talked to him.

"You listen to me. If you die, I will kill you." I pushed the cloth back towards Uncle Fester. "Again! Please!"

He rubbed his hands together, creating a small electric current that went through Thing's small form. Once. Twice. My eyes continued to well with tears. But then, a small twitch, a finger lifting. Thing slowly made its way to his fingertips, slowly facing me.

"Who did this to you?!" He slowly did his series of sign language movements.

"Knife behind the back. Cowards!" I wiped my eyes and continued to look at Thing.

"I promise, whoever did this to you, will suffer the most excruciating pain possible. They will beg me for mercy." Thing signed again and then held out his pinky finger. I looped mine in his, sealing the promise.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Tyler next to me. His face was full of relief.

"I'm glad to see your okay Thing. I thought we lost you." I could tell he was a little misty eyed as well. He changed his hand into a fist bump and Tyler gladly obliged. I pulled a needle and some thread from a box in the small shed.

"I'll sew him back up. Thank you for bringing him here Enid. And thank you Uncle Fester for saving him." Both of them looked surprised to hear a thank you coming from me but didn't say anything because of the state I was in.

Once Thing was properly patched up and Enid was cleaned up with the help of Ajax, I turned back to Uncle Fester.

"The police found your bike in the woods. Which means they won't be far behind." He shook his head and sighed.

"Gotta hate small towns. They always have the best investigators. Anyway it was great to see you again Wednesday. You will always be my favorite." The compliment made me muster up a small smile.

"Make sure to tell Pugsley that. It will give him a complex." He snickered at that remark. He grabbed his gear and waved goodbye to everyone before slipping into the night.

After all that was dealt with, I stood across from Enid and Ajax, while Tyler sat on a stool in front of me.

"We need to talk to you both about something." It was Tyler who said this. I cocked an eyebrow while looking at him.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. If you trust them, I trust them. I'd rather they hear it from me than anybody else."

I looked over at Ajax and Enid, their faces a mix of confusion and concern.

"What do you mean? Tell us what?" I heard Tyler sigh and I placed a comforting hand on Tyler's shoulder, making sure he knew I was there for him. Enid saw this and silently squealed.