Chapter 2 - Part Six: Old Wounds

Tyler POV:

Unknown Location

One Week Earlier

"I love you." Before she could say anything I transformed, grabbed the bomb and jumped into the ruins of the church. I held it close, hoping to lessen the explosion. I guess they were right, your life does flash before your-"

Everything was black. I couldn't see. I couldn't hear. I was cold. Maybe this was what the afterlife looked like. But there was something else. A dripping noise. I forced my eyes to adjust and looked around. I was in a large cavern, the stone walls and floor covered in mildew and the dripping noise coming from some leaking water in the ceiling. Where am I?

I looked down and saw I had no clothes. Strangely enough a fresh t-shirt and pants had been sitting next to me on the floor. I put them on and began to walk, the cavern seeming to go on for miles. My footsteps echoed eerily as I continued. It felt like there was no end to this place.

Then I saw it. A small light creeping out of a room just a couple steps further. I grabbed a pipe that was laying on the ground. I took a deep breath and kicked open the door ready to hit anything in site. Luckily the room was empty, only a chair and a wall of screens were present, as well as a ladder leading up.

A ladder was a pretty good indication of a way out, but I stopped after seeing what was on one of the screens. It was a camera overlooking the town square. I could see the carnage left behind by the man in black. My dad searched through the rubble, the ambulances and firetrucks overlooking the rest of the students. My eyes were only searching for one person. Then I saw her. She was on her knees, staring at the wreckage of the church. Enid was holding her close as she cried. Tears began to fall from my eyes too. I have to get back to her.

I went to climb the ladder but heard the sound of scraping and looked up, light shining down on as someone started coming down. I quickly ran outside the door and cracked it open slightly so I could still see inside. The man in black slowly descended, grunts of pain being heard as his heavy boots finally hit the floor. He walked over to an empty wall and pressed in a certain spot. The wall switched around and showcased a small table with a few gadgets and medical supplies. He pulled off his cracked mask and set it to the side. He took off his jacket and his arms were red from blood. I remember the group of werewolves. They must've left a mark.

He grabbed a few bandages and put them on his arms, making sure the bleeding had stopped. From this angle I couldn't see his face. I leaned in a bit to get a closer look but the door creaked ever so slightly. He stopped what he was doing and his head turned to the side just slightly. I put my back against the wall and out of the way of the door. I sat there for what felt like hours. I heard the shuffling of objects and figured he had continued. I peeked back in and was confused. He was gone. Then before I knew it I was pulled through the door and held in the air, not able to move. He walked from behind the door and chuckled.

"You really thought I wouldn't catch you sneaking around my place boy?" I tried to Hyde out but couldn't. He continued to laugh.

"I wouldn't try that. The little bomb I made you grab didn't just bring you here. It also disabled your powers for a little bit." I could tell he was hoping I would be scared but I put on a steely expression, not reacting to his words. He frowned in annoyance.

"Someone is a tough guy huh?" He finally walked out of the shadows and I saw his face. It was identical to the boy in the picture of Garrett, but much older.

"Who are you?" He used his powers to put me in the chair, chains wrapping themselves around my arms and legs. He walked up and looked me in the eye.

"Just a man avenging the death of his son. A son that you killed." I hadn't noticed it until now, but in the corner of the room, a stone slab was sitting with a body on top. There was enough light that I could see his face. It seemed to be decomposed and rotting, but I still remember it. It was the boy from the harvest festival. The one who tried to kill Wednesday.