III.

Changkyun woke up from an unpleasant dream. It was not a nightmare. He hasn't had them since he and Minhyuk left the orphanage. He only had dreams. Sometimes good, sometimes not very pleasant, and sometimes so strange that he was confused all day. Today he woke up from an unpleasant dream. He remembered only the bright blue flower that he saw once in his life. Nothing else. He rubbed his tired face and blinked into the sun-drenched room. With Minhyuk yesterday, they forgot to close the blinds. No wonder, they were busy. Changkyun realized that he hadn't even changed his clothes yesterday. He was still wearing shabby denim shorts with grass stains and a sweaty T-shirt from yesterday. Minhyuk was no different. He rolled around in bed in that stinky T-shirt and those green shorts he poured with juice last night. He still had daisies in his hair and snored loudly with his mouth open, from which saliva flowed. Changkyun wondered if Hyungwon had ever seen Minhyuk sleep. Probably not, otherwise he would have left him a long time ago. Changkyun stretched and sat up with difficulty. On the table there was an ashtray full of garbage from yesterday. Both boys ate quite a lot last night. But there was nothing to be surprised about. Jooheon's herbs had such an effect on them. Changkyun after them was hungry like a wolf, and Minhyuk found everything funny. If Changkyun remembered well, Jooheon slept like a dead man, Shownu had too much energy, Wonho had long philosophical debates with himself, Hyungwon mostly sang, and Kihyun cuddled up to everyone. Changkyun smiled. He experienced Kihyun after herbs only once and liked it very much. He has to extract more herbs from Jooheon, and he can just go down alone with Kihyun.

He got out of bed and opened the window to ventilate at least a little of the sweet smell filling the room. A van with a leaky exhaust passed by the house, which caused a real roar. Minhyuk did not even move an inch. He was still lying on his back with his head thrown to one side, and saliva flowed from his mouth. Changkyun chuckled and dumped the ashtrays in the trash can under the desk. He took out his clothes from the closet and left the room full of smell and noise.

Aunt Lin sat in the living room and embroidered a canvas tablecloth. "Good morning." muttered Changkyun, yawing loudly. When he felt his breath, he preferred to quickly clap his mouth. Aunt Lin rebuked him. "Well, what did you portray yesterday that you didn't even change your clothes? You look like someone pulled you out of the dumpster. Where is your brother?"

Changkyun smiled. Aunt Lin knew well that Minhyuk was not his brother. But she claimed that the family is not made by blood. And Changkyun really felt like Minhyuk's younger brother. "Still sleeping."

"I thought so. He was snoring so loudly that I wasn't sure if it was him or the van that had just flown under the window."

Changkyun laughed again and peeked into the kitchen. As always, Aunt Lin prepared breakfast for them. That's what Changkyun was looking forward to. Despite what he ate last night, he was still hungry. "I'm going to take a shower. Will there be something today that you will need help with?"

Aunt Lin raised her eyes from the tablecloth she was engaged in. She fixed her glasses and shrugged her shoulders. "There is still some work to be found in the village. Are you going somewhere today?"

Changkyun also shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know yet. Right now, I'm only interested in the shower." He opened the door to the bathroom and heard his aunt say. "Just go, go. Make yourself a man, my little monster."

Changkyun stayed in the bathroom for a while. He did a special care for his teeth. When he was finally done, he threw away the towel he had tied around his waist and put on the clothes he had brought with him. He combed his damp hair just like that with his hands, and such a fragrant and clean one crawled out of the bathroom. Just in time to hear, like Aunt Lin, still from her seat in the chair and with a tablecloth on her knees, she rebukes Minhyuk, who was sitting in the kitchen at the table and stuffing himself with breakfast. His hair was flattened on one side, but the daisies were still holding on. "First you should have washed yourself, like a decent person. Who has ever seen it to sit down at a table like this. What did you portray yesterday that you didn't even wash? Is that how I raised you?"