VII.

Exactly three days have passed since Wonho rushed into Aunt Lin's house, where boys were cheering in the room. Wonho, all frightened, told them about the conversation with Mingyu. In return, Changkyun explained to him why they were screaming so enthusiastically. At the news of Kihyun's progress in treatment, Wonho lit up. That was good news. But at the same time, it meant that they had to be all the more careful. Soldiers hunt for a flower and for every little thing associated with it. The boys promised to be inconspicuous and would rather meet in an orphanage with Kihyun. They agreed that no one would go to the forest to see Jooheon, and Jooheon assured them that he would get into the cave along his paths that no one knew about.

Now Wonho was sitting at Shownu's in the kitchen, discussing the numbers of soldiers with him. Shownu was nervous about this. Wonho told him that in the morning he saw about ten soldiers of the North flocking into the forest to the north side. Later, he talked to Mingyu, who told him about the new orders. Explorers were supposed to search the forest from the south. The worst part was that Jooheon's cave, and the hidden flower were in the middle of the action. Shownu was nervously biting his nails. Wonho wanted to reassure him, but he didn't know how. He understood that Shownu was worried about Jooheon. The last time he saw him was three days ago, when Jooheon came to say goodbye to Shownu after news from Wonho. Shownu took a shaky breath. "How is Kihyun doing?"

Wonho sighed. "He's doing well. He began to walk. Like, he must have crutches but... it goes fast. Probably too fast. I'm afraid it won't be noticeable..."

Shownu nodded. "Let him take it gradually. I know he's excited to finally get back on his feet after so many years, but... he must be careful..."

"Changkyun tames him. He told him to walk only when he was there. He told the nannies that I had brought him some new medicines from the city.... Oddly enough, they believed. And even stranger is that Kihyun listened to Changkyun. On the other hand, he is mostly busy with the project that Changkyun and him came up with."

"What project?" asked Shownu.

Wonho drank water. "Since Hyungwon is a teacher in an orphanage, Kihyun has much more time. He and Changkyun came up with a project. Do you know the old watch they were looking for?"

Shownu nodded. "Yes, I had about five at home, I gave them all. They were still dysfunctional."

Wonho also nodded. "Changkyun and Jooheon read the book he found in front of Jooheon's cave. There is instructions on how to build a teleportation machine. Guys... They want to get out of here and they know... They know it won't work on their own."

"Don't you dare to tell me they're trying to make a teleportation machine?!" Shownu was quite shocked.

Wonho nodded. "They want us all to get out of here. All together. They just have to put it together somehow."

Shownu raised his hand to stop Wonho. "Is there a flower in those machines?"

"Yes." Wonho replied. "But don't worry. They know not to overdo it. They have not yet done with the flower; they do not know how to put together the device itself. Something always falls apart for them."

Shownu breathed a sigh of relief. "Let them last a little longer. Maybe in a moment the whole craze with the flower will go away and everything will be back in normal."

Wonho chuckled. "I doubt it. According to what Mingyu said, they are raging even more behind the flower. Their technicians measured high values."

"Did they track down Kihyun or Jooheon?" said Shownu. They may not have been caught yet, but if they suspect...

"No." He was reassured by Wonho. ,,But Mingyu said the values were impactful. As if someone was using a flower..."

Shownu put his face in his hands. "Please don't tell me that Jooheon is preparing a cure for my father..."