| Chapter Thirty-Eight | Found

"Wait by the edge of the village and I will find you when I am finished."

"Thank you. Kaito." I said.

He nodded and turned away, then continued down the road, but stopped and turned his head.

"Stop and rest before you go. I don't think Kyojuro would want to see you like that. He... does still care for you, and he's always going to love you."

I watched Kaito leave and realized that it was him who I found in the forest clearing. And it was he who was watching me. I didn't pay close enough attention before. All I cared about was finding a specific blonde man.

I waited at the edge of the village and looked around. The village was a nice place, and Kyojuro chose somewhere good to stay. The people seemed wonderful. Eventually, I spotted Kaito approaching and watching me warily.

"Come with me." He mumbled.

Kaito led me into the forest. The same one that Kaname led me through. I heard wings flapping; I glanced up, and watched Kaname fly through the trees in the same direction that I had seen Kaito in before.

We stopped in the same clearing, and there was a small stream. Kaito walled over to it and stopped there.

"Do you really want to talk to Kyojuro? Is he that important to you?" He asked.

"I wouldn't be here if he wasn't. Don't waste my time." I said.

He turned away, but I saw his cheeks lift in a smile. He sat by the stream and turned away, wiping at his face.

He put his hands together and scooped some up and splashed it onto his face.

"Fine. Just wait for him. He will eventually appear."

Kaname flew down and landed on Kaito's shoulder and plucked at his hair. Kaito reached up and stroked Kaname's feathers.

I went to the middle of the clearing and sat down. I wondered what Kaito was doing. And what he mean by saying that Kyojuro would eventually appear? Has Kyojuro been living here in the forest?

I looked around, and it didn't seem that anybody was living here. There were no signs of it. I hoped I would see Kyojuro soon. It was lucky for me that day that I came across Kaname.

I turned back to see Kaito stick his face into the water and pulled back out of it. He took his haori off and dunked it into the stream, then laid it over his head.

I watched as the haori began to turn black. Confused, I stood and approached him. Kaname flapped his wings and fluttered over to my shoulder, grabbing my hair and tugging on it.

Kaito pulled the haori from his head and I gasped. He looked up at me, and I watched the black color drip from his hair and blonde emerged. His eyes were no longer blue, but instead a familiar golden colour.

My heart began to race as I stared. This really wasn't Kaito. It was Kyojuro. My Kyojuro.

"Kyo..."

Tears formed in my eyes and I leapt forward, wrapping my arms around him. He fell backwards and landed in the stream. We were both getting soaked, but I didn't care. I found my Kyo.

"Who's Kaito?" I asked.

"Me. I haven't been Kyojuro for a while now." He said.

"You are always going to be Kyojuro." I said.

"No, I don't think so." He said.

"You're still mine, and I love you." I said.

Kyojuro took a deep breath and dunked the haori back into the water, getting the black out of his haori, then put it back on his head, getting out the rest of the black that remained. I watched as some red appeared, and it was beautiful.