| Chapter Fifty-six | Senjuro

Rika Rengoku

"Mura Fuji! You are summoned! Master Ubuyashiki calls to you!"

I glanced up from Tenjuro in my arms and over at Mura. He looked up from the plate he was eating from and over at the open window.

"I bet I got myself into trouble." He said.

"Lord Kyojuro! You have been summoned to headquarters!"

Kaname landed on the window frame and my gaze moved to Kyojuro. He was staring at his plate of food in front of him and it was untouched. Maybe this summoning would be good for him.

I walked over to Mura and tapped his arm. His gaze landed down on me and I pointed to Kyojuro. He looked over, and sighed sadly.

"Enkyo! You and I are going to headquarters together. You get to watch me get reprimanded by the leader of the Demon Slayer Corps. Hey! This is going to be my first time there, and maybe the other Hashira will be there."

He tilted his head and sighed softly.

"And Shino. The most beautiful woman. She's going to be there."

And then his head snapped up. And he knelt by Kyojuro, and put his arm around his shoulders.

"Shino is going to see me get yelled at! I don't want that!"

"Mura Fuji! The Master calls!"

"Okay, okay, Kareno. I'm going. Alright, Enkyo. Let's go."

Kyojuro made no move to get up. He lifted his gaze and it went to the shelf.

"Oh no, no, no. Don't even think about it. Enkyo, you're going to headquarters and we're going to find out what the Master wants from us."

"Go without me. I'm retiring." Kyo said.

"Nope. Not accepting that. Get up."

"I said go without me." Kyojuro growled.

"Rengoku, it's been a month of you acting this way. You've been not present for Tenjuro or Rika. You need to pull yourself together. I understand it's been difficult. Death visited the Rengoku family very harshly, and I feel for you, I do. But you need to start being a father to Tenjuro, and a husband to Rika."

"Mura, I said go to headquarters without me. I am retiring."

"I can't stand seeing this. Every time I'm here, you behave like this. I can feel your anguish, guilt, and depression. But I can also feel your resolve, strength, and passion. You are the Flame Hashira. You are a Rengoku. Don't you want to prove yourself strong for them? They loved you, Kyojuro. Your family doesn't want to see you in this state."

Mura turned to me and I smiled sadly. Nothing I said to him worked either. Mura sighed angrily and put his hands on his hips.

"Hey, I hope I get another pass for this. I'm sorry but not sorry, Lord Rengoku."

Mura pulled his fist back and landed a punch to Kyojuro's jaw. Kyo fell sideways, and caught himself before landing on his side. He covered his jaw with his hand, glaring up at Mura.

"What the hell?" He said.

"The way I see it, I'm already about to be reprimanded by the Master, let's kick it up a notch and get you thinking right. Now get up and come with me."

I took Tenjuro into the bedroom to his bed as Kyojuro stood and glared at Mura. I laid Tenjuro down and smiled at his sweet sleeping form. My precious baby.

I heard a quiet thud, and walked quickly back to the dining room, and Mura stood there holding his cheek and smiling wickedly at Kyojuro.

"See, you still have some fight in you after all." He said.