Chapter 3

"Don't make it too spicy," Soobin told Taehyun who was standing over a pot of kimchi stew.

"I can't control the spice, dude. It depends on how spicy the kimchi is. I won't add extra gochujang if that's what you mean," Taehyun answered.

Huening Kai wandered into the kitchen and stuck his head into the refrigerator. "Who drank all the almond milk?" he questioned, shooting an accusatory stare at Soobin.

"Why are you looking at me?" Soobin asked defensively.

"We all know that you drink all the almond milk on the first day we buy it," Huening Kai replied. "But whatever. It doesn't matter," he said with a shrug. "So, what's this dinner for anyway?" he asked.

"That friend of Beomgyu's and Yeonjun's is coming over tonight. You remember? The Latina one?" Taehyun answered.

"What I don't get is which one she's with. Is she Beomgyu's or Yeonjun's?" Soobin asked.

"She's just a friend," Beomgyu said as he entered the kitchen. "Neither of us is trying to get with her," he contended.

"Ha!" Huening Kai scoffed. "Tell that to Yeonjun because I'm pretty sure he's trying to get with her. Have you seen the way he looks at her? I'm pretty sure I saw him wiping drool off his face the last time she was here," Huening Kai insisted.

Beomgyu was silent for a moment. He and Luna were friends. He couldn't say he was immune to her charms, but he had never declared himself to her. So, if Yeonjun was making a play for her, Beomgyu felt it might be best for him to take a step back.

Just then, Yeonjun came into the kitchen. He was wearing a pair of black pants. His shirt was made of blue silk and hung perfectly over his broad shoulders. He wore one earring, a dangling silver strand with a purple quartz at the bottom of it.

"What are you guys talking about?" he asked as he picked up an apple slice and popped it into his mouth.

Huening Kai laughed and put his arm around Yeonjun. "We're talking about how hot you are for that Luna girl," he replied honestly. "When I went in your room to wake you up this morning, it looked like you had a tent pole under your covers," he teased.

"Don't you dare tell her that!" Yeonjun said, looking truly panicked.

"Oh, my god, dude! I was messing with you," Huening Kai answered. "I wasn't even in your room this morning," he clarified. "But now that I've seen your reaction, I know I must have been right," he added with a mischievous grin.

With that, the doorbell rang. Yeonjun looked at his bandmates severely. "Don't say anything stupid!" he ordered, swiping his index finger along his throat in a sign for them to cease and desist fooling around.

Yeonjun opened the door and Luna entered. When she walked past him, he caught the scent of cinnamon rolls. She greeted him with her customary kiss on the cheek, the same way she greeted all of the band members as she was introduced to each one.

When she got to Beomgyu, she playfully slapped his cheek. "You don't get a kiss because you left me on read last night," she teased. "Just answer your damn messages," she said, pulling out her phone. "I texted you at 11:20. Again at 11:45, and yet again this morning. Even if you don't have much to say, at least reply with an emoji or something," she griped good-naturedly.

Eager to change the subject, Beomgyu suggested that they all sit down to eat. Yeonjun watched Luna as she sat down beside Beomgyu. Her tight jeggings held her curvy bottom in place. He wondered why Luna's large bum didn't bother him while his own bothered him immensely. Maybe it was just the cultural expectations. Latina girls were often curvy. Korean men didn't get that same leeway.