Chapter 7

"Guess who bought you ice cream," Luna said, waving a plastic bag in front of Yeonjun's face. "They use real cane sugar at this place," she added.

"I'm on a diet," he reminded her with a frown.

"But it's mint chocolate chip," she protested. "You could have a tiny bit. It's not like you're gonna eat the whole carton," she urged.

Yeonjun shook his head. "You go ahead and have some," he said. "I know you like that flavor too."

"I do, but I bought it for you too. You can have one bite," Luna reasoned. "How many calories could possibly be in one bite?"

"You'd be surprised," Yeonjun replied.

Luna rolled her eyes in annoyance. "I think your diet is too strict," she told him as she began to examine his face, running her hands over the planes of his cheeks. "You have dark circles under your eyes. And look at this," she said. "Your cheeks are all sunken in," she fretted.

"What you call sunken, I call sexy," Yeonjun explained.

"This is completely insane," Luna complained.

"I'll pay you back for the ice cream," Yeonjun replied.

"Oh, my god! It's not about the ice cream!" she exclaimed. "I don't give a damn about the ice cream! It's you I'm worried about," she continued.

"Listen, the record label is happy with my weight loss. We have a music video shoot coming up this week, and they wanted me looking my best. They are relieved I was able to drop the weight in time," Yeonjun explained.

"What would happen if you just told them to fuck off? What if you just said that you weren't going to do extreme diets anymore?" she questioned.

Yeonjun smiled and fluffed Luna's hair. "You're so cute," he cooed. "It's cute how you think I can just do whatever I want," he added. "Listen, if I told them to fuck off, I'd likely be out of a job."

"Really?" Luna questioned. "Because I think you are harder to replace than that. I mean you are the freaking 'Legendary Trainee'," she pointed out. "You're the person they point to as their best trainee. And your vocal range is incredible! I mean, just that alone should be enough to give you job security," she persisted.

"And how do you think I became the 'Legendary Trainee'?" he asked pointedly. "I didn't get that title by eating mint chocolate chip ice cream. I can tell you that much," he argued.

"But you love to eat!" Luna protested. "You're known as the one who takes the most pleasure in eating. I'm not saying you should start downing three Big Macs a day or anything," she clarified. "I'm just saying that you should be allowed to have a taste of the things you like. 'Everything in moderation,' as they say," she continued. "Speaking of moderation. What the hell happened last night? You drunk-dialed me, and frankly, I'm concerned," she said, training her wide eyes on Yeonjun's face.

He chuckled nervously. "Oh, that," he said. "Yeah, I was a bit 'overserved'; we'll call it that," he replied.

"Well, that's one way of putting it. Listen, beer has empty calories and very little nutritional value. Plus, it makes you call your girlfriend and say stupid shit about locking her down," Luna said, raising one eyebrow.

"Yeah, not my best moment," Yeonjun admitted. "I was just feeling a little insecure. I was afraid you and Beomgyu might have feelings for each other or something," he ventured.