Chapter 1 ~ Shibuya

[---==---1st POV---==---]

I worked my ass off at work, yet the thought of quitting never crossed my mind.
I needed the money for my little brother Arisu. I was seperated from the rest of my family, but what do I care about them. I don't really have anyone else like Arisu, he's my only true friend. "Did I tell you to do a break? Go back to work!", my boss yelled. He's strict and I just wish I could live without his money. When he was out of my sight again I checked my phone if Arisu responded to my text.

"Lets meet up, cause we need to talk."

"Can't, I'm with my friends right now."

This idiot.

"Where are you 3 heading?"

"Our favorite bar in Shibuya."

"My restaurant is literally 50 meters away from there. Come over. It will take like 2 minutes"

As I sent the text I turned to the someone behind me. "Still not working? This bad behavior will be taken off of your payment. Don't let that Arisu guy come here. I don't like him.", my boss angrily said. "C'mon, tables are waiting for their food and make it quick!" Before going back he had taken my phone and put it in his pocket. I layed all of the plates and drinks on the tray and walked around. After about an hour when I was wiping a counter, I saw my brother, Chota and Karube come in. "Where the fuck were you guys. Why did it take so long?", I asked frustrated and Karube responded with a shrug. "We went to the bar first." These guys were even dumber than last time. "Arisu, you need to get a good job in the next week. It's too difficult for me to keep up!" "Work is basicly the only thing you do in life. You don't have a boyfriend yet, no friends and if I will start working you would still overwork yourself." "Just think about it, okay? It's easier for me to overwork for myself than for both of us." He then sighed and it looked like he was thinking for the first time. I was waiting for an answer, but he just scuffed and said "see you later."

I got back to wiping the counter and got bumped in by my coworker on purpose. His name is Niragi and he's always so mean to me for no reason, yet is still the favorite employee of my boss. "Watch where you're going.", I mumbled. "Watch that you lose some weight and don't get in my way, Y/N." I ignored him and waited for my shift to end. I went outside with Niragi and checked my phone which I've gotten back. He grabbed it and threw it on the ground. "My bad." He sarcastically said and left laughing like an idiot. My phone was now completely shattered and it won't turn on. I looked back up and watched everyone stare at the sky. "A firework!", some kid nearest to me shouted. I was excited and saw many different colors... oh how beautiful it was.

I was tapped on my shoulder by my boss who told me to do overtime. "But-" "No buts." The restaurant closed, so I didn't have to serve, though there was still cleaning left to do including the discusting restroom. I got a bucket full of water and a mop from the basement, but as I took the stairs back up everything went quiet for some reason. I could see out of the window that the streets were empty. I tried texting Arisu, but my phone was probably taken by my boss again. I suspected nothing until I noticed he was gone too. There was no reason to stay anymore, so I got out.

(Y/n arrived 3 days earlier than Arisu)

I noticed a guy nearby and walked up to him. "Excuse me sir, do you know where the other people are at?" He turned around and thought before he spoke. Must be a smart man... or a guy with terrible reflexes, I don't know yet. "I don't know, but I think there are more of us here. I've been waiting for other people for about an hour. I'm Chishiya." "Y/n. Lets partner up?"

We 'stole' some food, drinks and other much needed things and stored them in a building with much room. Leaning on the doorframe I saw the sun starting to set. "already?", I whispered. Out of nowhere I saw something light up in the distance. The light was bright and someone wanted to give us a message through it, I just couldn't read what was on it. "Go eat. You're probably starving." Chishiya was right. I came back inside and mentioned the glowing sign. "After we're done eating, we are going to go there and see if we can get in contact with other people." "I just don't want to be too late. I have a little brother, his name is Arisu and maybe I could find him. He's always so curious." "Don't worry, I understand."

I really need to see him again. Us getting into an argument is not the last goodbye I wanted to give him.