Chapter 6 ~ Witch hunt

==____== 1st POV ==___==

We were all in the crowded lobby now. I felt sick of how squished I was, plus my anxiety was rising, but Usagi was with me.
The 10 of hearts game was finally starting as we waited.
"Are you okay?", I asked.
"Yes, Niragi didn't do to much damage. I might've hurt him more." I smiled, but that soon faded away...
"Where is my brother?"
She didn't say a word and I began to panic.
"You don't know?"
"No I don't, but I promise, we will find him. Are you okay??"
"No, im worried."
"I mean how badly you've gotten injured. I saw how Niragi treated you. Maybe Mira did something worse to-"
"No. No. Nothing more happened.

We watched the people surrounding something, so we tried our best to squeeze ourselves to the front, accidentally bumping into Tatta. In the middle was a girl with a knife stuck in her chest.
"Momoka!"
A girl in yellow ran up to the dead body with fear on her face.

[Game]
Witch hunt
The evil witch who took the girl's life is hiding among you. The witch role is not limited to women.

"Among us?", Usagi questioned looking at me. I gulped, I'm afraid of heart games.

[Game]
You clear the game if you find the witch and burn them in the Fire of Judgment.
Time limit: 2 hours.

"There's a fire burning at the back of the building!", a man shouted. I glanced at Mira who was standing on the opposite side of us.

"Find the one who murdered Momoka, then burn them in Fire of Judgment," Ann repeated, but Bitchface came unexpectadly behind her. "A witch hunt? This sounds interesting."
"Hey," he teased us. He wasn't done yet. He wanted more, but for now we have to focus on the game and my brother. "You seem to be just fine, Y/n..." He snarled as he looked at Mira. She noticed but ignored him.

Not even a minute in and the accusing began and it got worse when Bitchface pointed a gun at momoka's friend, Asahi. "Is she the witch?" "It's not me!" "We'll know once we throw you in the fire." He demanded his minions to drag her to the fire, but I knew how close they were. It couldn't be. Usagi and Mira decided to stop them, I followed.

"Let go of Asahi," Mira said with a calm voice. "Where were you guys, and what were you doing? Can you prove it? Just say it?", Usagi added.
"Both of us were having a good time in the same room, right?" I felt like throwing up everytime he said something.
"Everyone will take turns reporting what they're been doing in the past hour," I spoke up, though people were pointing out Ann and her bloody tissue.

"Don't get the wrong idea."
"Now, this is getting interesting. Could she be the witch-!?"
"You're wrong! This is Hatter's blood! I was checking Hatter's body. That was when blood got on it."
"His body?", a random girl asked. The truth was out. "Hatter was murdered." The room was getting loud again, questioning if we hid other things aswell.

"Calm down," Kuzuryu yelled and Ann showed us the bullet. "This bullet was stuck inside Hatter's body. The firing marks align with the firearms we have here. This means someone at the Beach killed Hatter."
"Hey. Could it be that the witch killed Hatter? I mean, doesn't that sound plausible given the timing of the events? The witch must be among them!" The girl that pointed that out got pierced from the back by a katana... blood was dripping from her mouth as she fell onto the floor.

"How troublesome... let's burn everyone we find," Last boss suggested. Aguni came from the back of the crowd and informed: "If someone among us is the witch, then everyone, other than the militant members is the witch."

"Who's the witch, come forward. If nobody does, then I'll throw everyone into the fire." Niragi cheered loudly and used his riffle to make everybody panic. The screams were so incredibly loud that I just wanted to collap. I held my hands over my ears and I watched as my vision got blurry. My heart was beating faster and faster and I started getting dizzy. I felt Mira's hand on my shoulder and I began to calm down, stopping the urge to fight back my panic attack, letting the symptoms flow in as it slowly stopped, faster than usual. "Go find your brother." I took a deep breath and nodded. I grabbed the last phone on the table and searched with Usagi and Asahi.