Chapter 5 ~ no place for avoidance

{♡♡♡\\\ 1st POV ///♡♡♡}

We were called for a meeting, but oddly enough it wasn't by Hatter this time. On the table was his unconcious body with Ann checking on the injury. He was shot. "Some of those near the game area heard gunshots too."
"What's going to happen with the beach?"
"I'll going to be the next leader, since I'm number 2," Kuzuryu claimed.

"Wait a second, shouldn't be the strongest person be the leader? We're the ones who have been getting rid of the traitors," Bitchface said. "The snobbish dictator is dead. The power has shifted, hasn't it? Who agrees that Aguni should be the new leader?" Only the militants raised their hands, but that soon changed when Niragi and last boss pointed a riffle and a katana at everyone.

"This isn't a democracy," Mira argumented
"It is, isn't it?" The gun was pointed right at her face while Bitchface teased her with his tounge. Discusting.

The only one who took it as a joke was not surprisingly Chishiya and his sarcasm. Arisu on the other hand was frightend and got threatened by both of the militants.
"You were really scared for a moment there, right? That's so funny!", Bitchface laughed.

"Asshole, I'm not expecting a different answer from you." I slowly raised my hand. At this point everyone has voted. He hit Hatter a couple times again to check if he was really dead and completely ignored the faces from others. "From today onwards, I will be the beach's new king," Aguni announced.

•■•■•■•■•■•■•■•■•■•■•■•■•■•■•■•■•

Chishiya, Arisu, Usagi, Kuina and I were in Arisu's room discussing our plan to break into the safe of the letter. When the militants were breaking the news to everyone at the beach, we broke in and Arisu tried cracking the code with the information Chishiya gave us, but it didn't work.

Suddenly I felt a gun on my back.
"You really came in so brazenly," Bitchface remarked. I turned my head and it was Chishiya behind this. I wanted to cry. I wanted to lock myself up. I was betrayed. He was my best friend.

"Let me go!", Usagi was caught too and tried to escape from the women's hands. Niragi passed me onto other creepy men and continuesly kicked my brother until he fully blacked out. With one punch into the throat I could only see black, even after I woke up. I was suffacating in tape which covered my ears, eyes and mouth and felt blood dripping from my body. My arms were tied together. I still worried more about Arisu though.

I heard muffled voices and I tried my best to comprehend them. They were from Niragi and a different person. "I already have a traitor to take care of. This is for you. Do whatever you want with her. I don't care, but make it hurt." He threw me onto my knees and I panicked after the door closed. Here we go. I'll probably die, get assaulted, tortured, everything.

The first ducktape was removed from my ears and eyes. My vision was blurry from tears and I couldn't focus. Then the other one was removed around my mouth. The person also cut the rope in two so I was granted free movement of my hands. Either I was getting saved or it would be worse than before.

"What have you done?" I looked up and it was Mira. I sat on her bed and explained everything that happened, meanwhile she was patching up my bruises and cuts. She was incredibly... close. "Well, you will have to stay here for some time or they will know that I let you go." I nodded and after long silence she offered a cup of tea which I gladly accepted.

"You've been avoiding me for a while," I acknowledged. Mira looked at me directly into the eye, she looked sorry. "I wasn't allowed to have contact with you. It is because of Niragi-" "I know you're lying." What people don't know about me is that I'm practically a human lie detector. It is easy to tell who's lying. It didn't matter how good they are at it. I always knew.