Chapter 2 ~ 6 of spades

I changed my shoes to a more stable pair and sprinted to the sign with Chishiya behind me. "Don't hurry." He seemed too calm for this sirious situation, but I couldn't get mad at him. "Alright, just don't walk like a snail." Chishiya slightly smiled, but didn't move any faster.

"Game? What game?", I wondered while we both glared at the sign. "This way. I hear people talking." We entered a strange dark alley. The voices got closer and closer. "This is probably some stupid joke."
"I don't know, this feels real."
"This device sucks." said by 2 women and a teen boy. There were phones on the table I got 2 and handed one to Chishiya. "What is this 'game'?", I questioned the others and the teen replied with a squeeky voice: "I already played one of these games, so it's better if everyone follows my lead! Hearts are psychological games. Clubs are team, diamonds are intellegence and-" The phones interrupted him right after.

[Game]
Find the button
Difficulty:
6 of spades

"I know this one, spades mean physical games," said the boy already sweating. "I'm afraid I'm not very good at these ones." "Me too," said the 2 women at the same time. One of them put their phone back and wanted to walk back out. "I'm sick of this and it hasn't even started." A laser unexpectedly shot right through her skull and her body dropped dead next to my shoes. I jumped in shock and glanced at everyone else. They had the same reaction. Everyone, except for Chishiya. Just a simple eyebrow raise was enough emotion. 6 of spades... might be a very difficult game for our first ever.

[Game]
Rules:
Players are allowed access to every platform in the game by bridges. There are buttons scattered on these platforms. Last player to press a lit up button loses a heart. Three lost hearts and it's game over. There will be 10 rounds.

"Seems simple, why is it such a high number?", the woman asked. We entered the arena and noticed the 'bridges' all being made out of different material, also removable.

[Game]
Round one

The teen and the woman both ran to the button closest to us, but Chishiya and I realised that the other button had a more stable way. We got to press one first and the at first so confident boy lost one heart.

After 5 rounds we had a one minute break. At this point all had at least lost once. The teen with 2 hearts down was discussing with the woman and glared at us from time to time.

"I think they know what's going on now," Chishiya said. "I'm sure too. At least two have to die, so they are making a team. They are going to throw hands or avoid pressing the button, so that we all suffer."
"Exactly. These platforms were built high enough to make sure if someone falls that they will get heavily injured."

The next round began and as we both expected, the other 2 stayed with us. Crossing a bridge was too risky, but luckily Chishiya thought of a great plan and hit first. The woman screamed as she tried her best to hang onto the wooden bridge. The boy who looked skinny from the outside had powerful punches. Chishiya was able to distract him while I made my way to the button. The one who lost a heart this time was the woman.

The next 2 rounds were a disaster. Our goals were so far away that our bridges were taken away by the others easily. We were left with no paths at all until they both got to a button.
"Y/n, I volunteer to give away a heart." "What, no way."
He did in fact risk his own life, but at the end of the day it didn't really matter, because the same strategy was used and this time I lost my heart.

Only 2 rounds were left. I had a couple bruises, because that women kept coming for me. "How are we going to do this?", I wondered with the urge of bursting into tears. An idea hit me out of nowhere. "Lets split up."
"That isn't completely risk free."
"Staying together isn't completely risk free either."
Chishiys thought about it and agreed like he understood exactly what's going on in my mind.

[Game]
Round 8

Appearantly the opponent team knew that this round we had something else in mind since they were standing on the opposite side the arena. Chishiya pressed the button first since the convinient placecame came in handy. I noticed the others not reacting at all. I got my heart safe and watched them run away from the buttons. We had to force them or kill them. I don't have the heart to unalive a person, allthough if it's for 2 precious lives I would do anything. I gave Chishiya a cue and we hurried to teen first. He ended up trapped in a corner with the button

"Why would you want to kill us?!", he yelled trying to guilttrip us. Even if we let them survive there will be no chance they would be able to win the rest of the games with their ego. I ignored everything he said and kicked him in the direction of the button. He started crying as he looked over to the woman who had been pierced through by the laser. She dropped down to the ground beneath.
"You all are horrible creatures!"

The last round commenced immediately and there was only one button avalable. I was close to fall off while trying to avoid the teens punch, but I held on. I watched the boys race after their target, Chishiya having more trouble. I ran as fast as I could to outrun the teen and confused his tunnel vision with a small nudge. Chishiya and I pressed the button and eyed the teen who'd already been impaled. We made it.