Chapter 7 ~ Facecards

\\\|||||| Arisu's POV ||||||///

Usagi was sleeping peacefully while I was already awake, thinking about yesterday. It was 6am, 6 more hours till noon. I sat on the edge of my mattress and took a glance at my sister. Her tiredness was very noticeable, although she had her eyes wide open.
"Hey, did you even sleep?", I whispered and she just stared back, returning no answer. The more I looked the emptier and sader she seemed.

"Is it because of the announced facecards?" No answer.
"Is it because of the game we will attend today?" Still no answer.
"Is it because of the Beach?" Nothing.
"Did somebody you were close to die there?" Nothing again.

I quietly came over to her mattress and sat beside Y/n. This was the first time I noticed the smudged lipstick on her lips.
"You usually never wear lipstick," I pointed out and she immediately smeared it off with her now ruined shirt.
"Who did you want to impress?" I was very protective, even though she's 5 years older than me.
"Nobody. I was just trying something new out."
"Lie! That doesn't explain why you are so gloomy all of the sudden."
"Oh just leave me alone."

She pulled the blanket over herself and kicked me repeatedly in the back which made me fall off. I shrugged and patiently waited for the time to fly by.

I couldn't get more glad that Y/n is alive. I remembered how much I worried when I, Chota and Karube first arrived. It was a miracle that I found Usagi too. I like Usagi... I like her... a lot.

<<<----- 7 hours later ----->>>
[([([([( 1st POV )])])])]

We were waiting at the game area with Kuina and Chishiya.
I didn't despise him anymore. Arisu and Usagi had forgiven him, meaning there was no problem of me forgiving him too.

There was a big 'next stage start' sign on the building in front of us, but there was still no game. "Has it been an hour yet?", Usagi asked and I responded with: "I think so."
"They must have forgotten to push the start button," Chishiya assumed.
"And what about the explanation of the rules?"

I could hear noises of cars in the distance. When I looked closely, I realised they were players. They all parked around us and Arisu wanted to talk to them directly. I reconnized some of the faces.

"It's you guys. What are you doing here?"
"We saw the blimps."
"And we heard rumors that the next stage was starting."
Arisu was about to say more, but all of the sudden the man got shot in the chest and was instantly thrown onto the ground by the impact. The same happened to the woman in the yellow cardigan, followed by another man and after, many other people too. My heart dropped. I ran as fast as I could behind my friends.

"Has the game started?!"
"I don't know."
"Did they explain the rules?"
"There aren't rules! It's just mass murder!"
"That rifle can fire from a kilometer away."
"I've heard the sound of that gun before."
"Now they're using an adsault rifle."
"We don't know how many there are! Other players are arriving too!"
"There could be multiple shooters."
"Look how many people still survived!"
"They are coming this way!", Arisu alarmed and we got up to try and cross the street.
"Split up and run!"

After I stood up and saw a person in a black hood, looking for more people to kill. My legs began violently shaking, instead of running. I was completely frozen in place when blood of a teenager splattered in my face and on my clothes. I've figured out years ago about my anxiety, but I never went to therapy. I didn't dare to move a bit, I was in a trance or something like that.
"Oh my god, Y/n!" Arisu's hand clinged onto my wrist and he pulled me with him.

We somehow managed to split up again and I landed on the other side side with Chishida and Kuina. I sprinted over to them and hid behind a car. Usagi and Arisu were close to getting shot. "You'll die if you don't stay focused!", Kuina shouted. "Where the fuck are they shooting from?"