Five

March 03, 2022
Back in Monaco before testing in Bahrain, Charles wanted nothing more than a week to rest and relax. He'd planned his days out to be spent between friends and family, with one day saved for the yacht party Viviana had invited him to. He knew that Daniel, Max, Lando, and Reggie would be there as well, so it wouldn't just be him and Viviana's friends.

But he still was nervous. Their dinner had ended well, really well. Numbers had been exchanged and there'd been an almost kiss — prevented by Viviana's boss calling.

"What about Sunday?" Arthur questions, trying to set up a date for some brotherly bonding night.

"I can't," Charles replies.

"What do you have going on the Sunday before Bahrain testing?" Arthur asks.

"A friend invited me to her yacht party," Charles answers.

"A friend you say? If it were Max or Lando, they would've invited us too. So does this friend happen to be the daughter of a certain team principal?" Lorenzo asks with a teasing grin.

"Really? Who? What's she look like?" Arthur asked.

"Viviana Horner," Lorenzo says before Charles can say anything. And in an instant, Arthur has his phone out and is searching her on Instagram.

"Pretty and nothing like Horner," Arthur says, showing them a picture of Viviana that had been posted by a formula 1 news account a few days earlier. "Oh she knows Matt Smith," Arthur says.

"Matt who?" Charles questions.

"Eleventh Doctor and Prince Philip in the first two seasons of the crown," Lorenzo answers.

"She knows him rather well actually," Arthur mutters, turning the phone so they could see Viviana with Matt Smith. The first photo could just be two friends on a night out, but the second photo doesn't really leave much for question. Matt Smith has his lips locked with Viviana and his hands all over her. The fourth photo has them cosy on a boat. All in all, the five photos together reveal a relationship.

"Sorry, Charles," Lorenzo says.

"We're just friends," Charles retorts. Sure he had wanted to kiss her that night and had planned on asking her out on an actual date once she was in Monaco, but he and Viviana had just met. If the comments were anything to go by, Matt Smith had been around much longer.

formula1news

formula1news