1

It's a breezy afternoon, in the middle of April and I'm walking in the busy streets of Paris while Heartless by The Weeknd is blasting in my Airpods.

I look around admiring the scenery, and I take a deep breath and it smells like a thousand cigarettes are being forced into my face. As expected. But I choose to ignore it and instead focus on the scenery because of how out of the world this city looks.

I've been to so many different cities, but Paris is by far my favourite one, and I genuinely still can't believe that I live here. Every time I walk in these streets I still admire the city like a tourist even though I'm not one.

Yes, I am aware of the fact that I sound cliche, but I love romanticizing many aspects in my life, if I don't I think I will lose my sanity.

I'm too focused on my thoughts and the song playing in my ears, that I don't notice a person coming towards me in a hurry. They end up bumping into me, causing me to spill all of my coffee on myself.

"Fuck" I say, letting out a frustrated sigh.

"Mais, tu regardes pas où tu vas ou quoi?" The other person says.
*Do you not look at where you're going or what?*

Now I don't really speak French well but growing up with an Algerian mother who would yell at me in French, I can understand it well enough to tell that this person is being an utter dick.

"You're the one who just bumped into me-" The other person interrupts me, and they seem to be in a hurry. They don't bother apologizing to me.

"Laisse faire" He says as he walks away indifferently
*Never mind*

I watch the other person leave, and I can tell that he definitely thinks very highly of himself just by the way he carries himself. And it somehow bothers me. I don't know why, but I can tell his personality is very annoying.

"What an asshole" I say to myself.

I'm left standing there in my white hoodie that was now covered in coffee, as I also mourn my now spilled coffee that I spent my last money on. I look around, and there aren't a lot of people around so I keep walking in the street, slightly embarrassed but I genuinely couldn't care less.

⊹₊⋆☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆☁︎⋆₊ ⊹

"What happened to you?" Amir asks as I enter the apartment.

"Just some guy I bumped into, and he spilled all of my coffee on me. The worst part is, he didn't even apologize." I say as I put my bags down and make my way to the fridge.

"Where's the yogurt I left here?" I ask

"Oh, I just finished it," Amir says, showing me the empty yogurt cup in his hand.

"Amir, what's wrong with you? I told you not to eat it." I say, with a very annoyed look on my face.

"Hey now, that's not how to talk to your older brother." He says with a mischievous look on his face

I roll my eyes at him. "Ugh, you're actually so annoying."

"I know." He says as he unpauses the TV and continues watching what he was watching before I came in.

I close the fridge and a letter on the counter catches my eye. I walk over to it and open it.

"Did you see the letter?" I ask him as I make my way to him

"Yeah I did, but I have it covered."

"You have it covered? Amir this is literally the third time we're behind on rent, it's only a matter of time till we're on the streets." I say as I slightly raise my voice.