9

"I'm going to brush my teeth; I have a spare toothbrush that you can use." I say, getting up.

"Okay, thanks." He says this as he follows me to the bathroom.

I give him his toothbrush, and we start brushing our teeth. I know this sounds cliché, but Kylian and I doing all these, you know, 'cheesy' couple things together makes my heart warm. And I never really want the feeling to disappear.

When we're done brushing our teeth, we go to my room.

"Welcome to my humble abode, I guess." I say as we're in my room.

"I can't believe this is my first time in your room." He says this as he looks around the room, admiring all the decorations and lights I have in my room.

As he continues looking around, I see his eyes fixated on my childhood pictures that are hanging on the wall. He walks over to where the pictures are to get a closer look at them.

"Who is she? She looks like you." He says this as he's looking at a picture of my mom when she was twenty-three.

"My beautiful mother," I say with a big smile on my face, tears forming in my eyes, but I manage to hold them back. "She was actually my age in this picture." I say, continuing my sentence.

"Wow, you're the spitting image of her."

I smile because being told that I look like her, is a big compliment to me. "Yeah, I get that a lot, but I'm always happy to hear that because my mother has always been beautiful."

He continues looking at the pictures, and whenever he asks about the context behind them, I answer all his questions. Seeing Kylian kind of meet my younger self through these images heals my inner child. Because ever since I was younger, I've always kept to myself and never really talked to other people and let them into my life and get to know me.

The only people in my life who I have truly let know me are my mom and Amir. Everyone else has always just been a stranger to me, so I never really bothered to get to know them or give them the chance to get to know me.

I go back to the living room to get my water bottle because I forgot it there. When I open the door to my room, I don't expect to see Kylian taking off his shirt.

"Oh shit, I didn't know you were changing my bad." I say, basically, slamming the door closed.

"I mean, it's not like it's something you haven't seen before. You don't have to be shy about it." Kylian says, making my face red.

Seeing as how I don't respond to him, he says something else. "You can come in, Amirah." He says laughing

"You're not funny, Kylian." I say opening the door to my room.

When I open the door, I'm surprised to see Kylian sitting on my bed still shirtless, but I don't let that show on my face.

"I didn't know you were so easily flustered. Maybe I should be shirtless around you more often." He says with a playful smirk on his face.

"Oh, please. If I wanted to see you shirtless, I could easily just search up 'Kylian Mbappé shirtless' and find tons of pictures."

"Fair enough...but you have to admit that it's so much better seeing it in real life." As he says that, he slowly gets up and makes his way towards me.

The closer he walks towards me, the more butterflies I get in my stomach. I can feel myself smiling from ear to ear, and I don't necessarily try to hide it.

When Kylian is finally close to me, he whispers into my ear "I didn't realize I had such a big impact on you. You're blushing like crazy." His voice in my ear sends literal shivers down my spine.

I don't say anything back, instead I make a funny face back mocking him, causing him to start laughing.

"I'm glad I make you blush like crazy though, you look very cute when your cheeks are pink." He says as he wraps his arms around me.

I wrap my arms around him too, and then respond to him. "What can I say, I guess you've got that irresistible charm." I say that looking into his eyes, with a smile on my face.

My response causes him to let out a small laugh, but it doesn't last long. The room then becomes silent, and we're just embracing each other.

After a few minutes of silence, Kylian breaks the silence by clearing his throat. "Amirah?"

"Yes?" I respond.

"I have something to tell you." After he says this, he takes his arms off me.

Given the look on his face and his gesture, I can tell it's not good news. "What is it?" I ask, hiding the nervousness in my voice.

'We won't be seeing each other a lot this summer.'

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I mean, I won't really be in France for the next couple of weeks...I'm going to Morocco, The US, and Cameroon. And when I do come back I have to leave for pre-season tour in Japan."

I don't know what to say, as a few minutes ago I was excited that he was on vacation and that we'd be spending time together, but now he's just told me that we won't really be spending time together.

"Are you going to say something or?..." He says, as I still haven't said anything since he told me the news.

"I don't know what to say to be honest. Like I'm obviously really sad that you are leaving but at least we can spend time before you have to leave." I respond.

"Yeah...one more thing. I leave for Morocco tomorrow." He says in an unbothered tone, which annoys me even more.

"Great." I say, as I move a few feet away from him.

"I'm really sorry Amirah, I know I keep repeating myself but I really am." Kylian says, giving me an apologetic look.

"At least you're aware." I say under my breath, while rolling my eyes.

I think Kylian either heard me or saw me roll my eyes, because the room becomes very quiet, and the only sounds that can be heard are the crickets chirping from outside, and the fan in my room. I can tell he wants to break the silence, but he doesn't know what to say. I finally decide to break the silence, and I make sure I don't show how annoyed I truly am by everything.

"You know what Kylian, there's no point in me being upset because it's truly pointless and I'm sorry if I'm being bitchy." I say, as I sit on my bed and look at Kylian, who's still standing.

"Your reaction is understandable, and I don't think you are being bitchy." He says that while approaching me.

I give him a slight smile. It doesn't last long on my face but it's the only response I can give him.

"I'm always a phone call or text away. I may not respond exactly when you call or text me, but I will respond to you as soon as I am able to. Promise."

Kylian and I are now laying in my bed and I have my head on his chest, while we're both facing the ceiling and he's playing with my hair.

"Thank you, that's really nice of you." I say, before Kylian proceeds to kiss me on my forehead.

I am still sad about the fact that I won't spend most of Kylian's vacation with him, but after he comes back in three weeks, we'll still have a week, before he leaves again.

It is frustrating, but I suppose it is what it is.

-𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒔
I'm so sorry for being hella MIA lmao, it's been 6 months since I last updated and oh my days. So much has happened in my life and life has honestly been a whole ass roller coaster of emotions 😭

I hope that 2024 has been good to you guys, and if not that's also okay, we gotta keep going and remind ourselves that good things will come our way eventually.

Just remember this; 'If your path is difficult, it's because your calling is higher' 💗

Take care loves, I cherish you all💐